[FM10] Isle be a success if it kills me

wobbly007

Version - FM10 v10.3

Leagues - English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish and Northern Irish

Started unemployed with automatic reputation

After struggling to get into FM10 of late, I've put it down to me just using downloaded tactics and not really playing and getting involved in the game. As a result I've decided to start a career game where I'll only use my own tactics and if I do get bored I won't start another game, I'll resign and look for another job.

I'm currently at the start of my 4th season and it's been a rollercoaster 4 years to say the least which has seen my go to Chester City, Peterborough, Gainsborough and my current club Dartford

A brief rundown of those 4 years:

Employed as Chester manager with them already relegated. Started the following season in the Blue Square North with an experimental 5-3-2 which clearly wasn't working and I left after 6 games with the team bottom of the league

Much to my amazement Peterborough offered me a job with them struggling in the relegation zone of League One. I abandoned my apparently useless 5-3-2 formation and decided to go with an attacking 4-3-3 formation. This was working really well and we were moving up the league when I was linked with the QPR job who were playing in the Championship. I declared an interest, applied for the job, upset the board, resigned.............and didn't get the QPR job!!

Struggled at this point to get another job until about 10 games to go when Gainborough offered me a job. They were rock bottom of the Blue Square North with little or no chance of staying up but I took the job anyway. Relegation promptly followed, along with the sack, and again I was unemployed for the start of the new season

Dartford then decided to give me a go. Naturally for me, they were a team in the relegation zone of the Blue Square South but they had a squad that would fit into my 4-3-3 so I thought I'd give them a go and we finished a respectable 17th

And this is where we stand now. It's the start of the 2012/13 season and worryingly we are nearly £300k in debt. I've got the vast majority of my squad with contracts due to expire so I'm going to let them all go and start building up a new team that is hopefully capable of challenging for promotion in a few years time

Sorry for the essay, I promise future posts will be a lot shorter

Archived