[WIP] UK & Ireland Champions League

LaytonBhoy

This is something myself, mastermind124 and veg have been working away on for the last few days, causing more than a few headaches ....... This is an Advanced Editor creation, chaps, so those who know their way around that beast should feel free to play around with it .... and good luck on correcting the things we can't !

This ISN'T finished ...... but it's close. And it IS playable ......

I started out with the idea of designing a competition involving the top teams (256 of them!) from the UK & Ireland, which I called the Virgin Media 5 Nations Champions League. It has a cup competition with three phases:

Phase 1 - Qualifying Stage 256 teams

Seeded draw

256 teams - 128 games First Round

128 teams - 64 games Second Round

64 teams to 32 games Third Round

Straight knockout, one leg affairs with no replays

Extra Time and penalties

Phase 2 - The 5 Nations Champions League 32 teams

No seeds

32 teams in 8 groups of four

Play each other twice

Phase 3 - Final Phase 16 teams

16 teams - 8 games Fourth Round

8 teams - 4 games Quarter Finals

4 teams - 2 games Neutral Venue Semi Final

2 teams - Cup Final at Wembley

Now ..... this thing works fine as far as it goes, which is to say the competition histories save, it loads into season 2, it records in the manager's history (I think haha) and it counts as a club achievment but does NOT record in their honours .... for some reason ........

Oh and the competition winners are NOT recorded in competition history .... on that one I really banging my head against the wall ....... frustration BIG TIME.

If anyone can crack this PLEASE do so ..... and repost.

To those who just want a crack at it, good luck. After days and days of messing about, I am finally going to have a go myself !

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b1761g3/n/5_Nations_Charity_Shield.xml

Archived