What do you do when you start a new game?

Each time I start a new game its a good 90 minutes - 2 hours before I play my first game. I like to transfer list/offer any player that arent in my plans, get rid of most of my coaching staff for better ones!.... Sort out my tactics, then devise a huge shortlist of possible signings, free transfers, transfer listed players, young players for my reserve/u18 squad and finally I have a random scout across the world just to see if theres perhaps one more jewel out there! Then once all the early preperations are in place Il eventually play the first game or so... before saving then having a couple of hours rest before I play a large chunk of the season.... :D Usually upto xmas.. Before I do a mid season evaluation :)

The absolute first thing I do after selecting my opening trasfer budget, is go to the staff screen, and clearout rubbish scouts (depending on my team's ability) and find which coach's opinion I should listen to because of JA/JPA stats. I'll then hunt some scouts and bring them in.

Then the usual squad evaluation, from first team down to under 18's, and then go looking for transfers.

Ye scouts are quite important to get sorted out quickly. With leeds id usullay get p.cristanval/sibierski soley on the purpose of scouting france. You may not get results in your first season but are very handy in building the picture for start of season 2 signings.... L.Nestor (£3M) being a perfect example, excellent signing! scouted by my france scout...

Another thing thats very important is to check remaining years on players contracts, as you want to tie down the players in your future plans quickly and sell players who arent much in your plans butn have less than 16months remaining very quickly!

managing a low lv tier, i get rid of every player at the club, then fetch approx 20 new guys in who will romp away with the division for me.

takes a few hours of looking around to get the right guys tho

Ye same here mate.

And allways look for better/similar players that are much younger. What ever management game in what ever year, youth has allways been the way forward! perhaps with the odd oldi just to supliment them lol....

Ye same here mate.

And allways look for better/similar players that are much younger. What ever management game in what ever year, youth has allways been the way forward! perhaps with the odd oldi just to supliment them lol....

The odd oldie ?

Most of my players are beyond 30 and foreign (mainly from holland, czech, bulgaria), great skills for maybe a couple of years by which time they should take me to the BSP (if my save generates fixtures this time around, (last save didn't generate any fixtures for the northern premier premier for the 2nd season, and after the 2nd season no fixtures were generated anywhere in england because the northern premier premier simply vanished from the game, as in, there was nothing left of it, no table no teams no nothing :D ))

The odd oldie ?

Most of my players are beyond 30 and foreign (mainly from holland, czech, bulgaria), great skills for maybe a couple of years by which time they should take me to the BSP (if my save generates fixtures this time around, (last save didn't generate any fixtures for the northern premier premier for the 2nd season, and after the 2nd season no fixtures were generated anywhere in england because the northern premier premier simply vanished from the game, as in, there was nothing left of it, no table no teams no nothing :D ))

lol, no fixtures?? thats a bit odd..:eek:

I don't bother with the training, but what i do is start by checking my squad, go to my backroom advice screen to see what players they advise i need, then think about what my best formation is likely to be, and then look for whatever players i feel i can get that are good enough, thats basically it.

Archived