Youth Status, and Editor Shortcoming (2 Seperate Things)

O'Leary's Trainee

Just wanted to throw this question out there.

I've come across some teams that have a Youth Status (rather than Pro, Semi-Pro or Amateur). Now, this is not something we can choose in the editor... and nor does changing these teams to Pro or Semi-Pro change antyhing when loading up the game.

So, my question is... are there some (quite a few in Cameroon?) teams that are hard-coded to be youth teams? In that case, this is wrong for some of the teams that I've encountered this with.

------------

The other thing (and I just want to mention this, as I found this out when looking through my edited .xml file in text).

Why does the editor not replace strings, instead of creating a new entry for every little change?

I just found that if I have edited a teams name, for example, and later found that I had spelt it wrong. When I make that change, a whole new entry is added to the .xml, rather than finding the original string and replacing the team name. Now... the way I edit, it's no wonder my file-size is growing a lot.

For example... I changed a number of teams name to have ZZZ at the start of their name - this was only done so that I could keep track of what I had completed looking through, and the ZZZ's were removed when I was satisfied with my edits of said team. This is the reason I found this issue with the .xml's as well (noticing all my ZZZ team names in there).

I just think this is a strange way to do it, when instead the change should look for the string and edit it, if it exists, and only create a new block of code if the edit was not previously found.

----------

Now... for the main thing I want an answer to.

Is there any way that I can change those teams to NOT have Youth Status in game? That's why I was in the files to begin with - searching for the word "youth", hoping I could find out a string to put there to make them semi-pro instead (and get a U-20 team, like they should have...)

Currently they only have one team, which is considered youth, and because of this they are not able to use players over 20 in pre-season friendlies... for some reason they are still allowed to register older players once the league starts, so they only suffer from having their best players unfit at the start of the season... This would be very annoying should one want to manage one of these teams.

Archived