FM 2010: Damien Mozika

So I remember reading about this French d-mid Mozika last season IRL at Chester City. Seemed to come from nowhere for them, a real gem. He was probably the lone bright spot in their unspeakably dismal campaign last year, at least for a time. That is until he ran into serious disciplinary sanctioning from his club, and then I sort of stopped following and forgot about him. Personally, I suspect he was merely lashing out at having been picked up by the most hopeless club in the football league last season, who could really blame him?

Anyway, just prior to his landing in hot water, papers were reporting that he was attracting interest from several Championship clubs. I seem to recall Norwich and possibly Charlton might have been linked? So sight unseen, as is so often the case with most lower Football League players when you live in America, I could only assume this Mozika could well be a real diamond in the rough.

Fast forward to this season and FM2010. Just downloaded it last night, started a game as FGR (who else?), and the very first thing I did was have a quick look amongst the out of contract players. It was something like unbridled joy that I felt when I found him unattached (one of the very few names I immediately recognized) and no clubs currently interested in him. So what did I do? Well, I went in for him straightaway and found that he was willing to sign for $925 a week,which technically I could swing.

Trouble is, FM2010 seems to be *so* up-to-date that it includes the bulk of our new manager David Hockaday's recent signing spree to pull us out of the relegation mire. So you start out on the game with 41 players (!) and you're already $200 over budget on wages. So I have to figure out a way to cull my squad to bring Mozika on board. But I will do tonight.

I won't post his screenshot here, basically because I don't know how (being a relative noob to these boards). Besides, you've got the game, look him up. I suspect his attributes aren't too random as he is proven quality IRL. I was just amazed he was willing to sign Blue Sq Premier level so I intend to find room for him on my squad tonight. Will let you know how he gets on once I've signed him and hopefully got him bedded in.

Stay tuned, have a feeling this boy could be a real keeper!

moika.png

IV. How do I Post a Screenshot?

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager is open

2. Go to the screen you want to show

3. Press 'Prt Sc', normally next to or near F12 on your keyboard

4. Open Paint, or a similar program

5. Paste the image by either pressing 'Ctrl + V' or going to edit, then paste.

6. Save the file as a JPEG

7. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

8. Post the Direct URL onto this site

Or

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager after Football Manager 2008 is open

3. Press Alt+F9

4. A screenshot of what you want will be saved in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager __\Screenshots

5. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

6. Post the Direct URL onto this site

;)

IV. How do I Post a Screenshot?

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager is open

3. Press 'Prt Sc', normally next to or near F12 on your keyboard

4. Open Paint, or a similar program

5. Paste the image by either pressing 'Ctrl + V' or going to edit, then paste.

6. Save the file as a JPEG

7. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

8. Post the Direct URL onto this site

Or

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager after Football Manager 2008 is open

3. Press Alt+F9

4. A screenshot of what you want will be saved in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager __\Screenshots

5. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

6. Post the Direct URL onto this site

;)

Wow, I appreciate the prompt reply HoPey! But I think we maybe would all agree here, but that seems a helluva bunch of work. Besides I'm a bit of a Luddite. I can hardly operate the snooze button on my alarm clock.

I have also signed this lad and also heard great things about him, when he was at Chester. I am Oxford and signed him up, and he didnt break into my 1st team set up straight away, but has played a lot of games, and done well.

I can put up a screenshot if you like. :thup:

Awesome! Please do. I fear it's a bridge too far for me!

Archived