"FUTURE_TRANSFER" not working in FM2010?

whitecube

The EDT file that I created isn't working in FM2010. I originally thought I had figured out that it was a problem with the date formatting, but I've corrected this and transfers still aren't being executed in the game.

I put the file in the Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\db\1000 folder where the official database (which I'm using) is located. I have made sure that the file is enabled under Preferences/Extra Files.

As an example of a few lines in my file:

"FUTURE_TRANSFER" "Edin" "" "Dzeko" "VfL Wolfsburg" "Valencia C.F., S.A.D." "11.07.2009" "22000000" "45000" "6"

"FUTURE_TRANSFER" "Matej" "" "Delac" "Chelsea" "Arsenal" "15.07.2009" "500000" "1500" "6"

"FUTURE_TRANSFER" "Sandro" "Sandro" "Ranieri Guimarães Cordeiro" "SC Internacional" "CSKA Moscow" "15.07.2009" "8000000" "4000" "5"

There are about 75 lines in my file and as far as I can tell, not a single one has worked, so I'm inclined to think it's either some fundamental error on my part (i.e. not misspelling one or two names) or the EDT feature's.

Before I log this in the bugs forum, I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything foolish or that, say, the feature hadn't been disabled...

If anyone else out there is twiddling their thumbs waiting for SI to figure out (or announce) what's wrong with the "FUTURE_TRANSFER" EDT command, it's worth noting that the editor has a future transfer function that works perfectly. (I just tested it.) With the new XML files effectively acting as complex EDT files, this isn't actually a bad way to create future transfers at all.

Archived