FM2009: Official Rosenborg BK Thread

McCleary

brand.gif

Rosenborg Ballklub (RBK) is a Norwegian football club from the city of Trondheim, currently playing in the Norwegian Premier League. With 20 league titles and nine Norwegian Cup (Norwegian Championship) titles, the club is the most successful in Norway, and has dominated Norwegian football since the start of the 1990s. Rosenborg's domestic title streak of 13 consecutive wins is second in the world only to the 14-year streak of Skonto Riga of Latvia, their runs both ending in 2005.

Rosenborg were founded as Odd in 1917. Their home ground since 1957 is Lerkendal stadion, a modern all-seater stadium most recently upgraded from 2000 to 2002.

Club Information

Club Nickname Troillongan (The Troll Kids)

Year Founded 1917

Status Professional

Reputation National

Chairman Status Loves the Club

Legends Roar Strand

Icons Harald Martin Brattbakk, Erik Hoftun, Bent Skammelsrud, Nils Arne Eggen, Ola By Rise

Favoured Personnel Per Kiljan Skjelbred, Steffen Iversen, Knut Torbjorn Eggen, Trond Sollied

Fierce Rivals Molde

Other Rivals Brann, Lillestrom, Valerenga

Current Club Finances

Finances Rich

Estimated Value £39Mil (£7 Mil Loan Debt)

Transfer Budget £1.96Mil (European Qualification through League Position)

Wage Budget £185k P/w (As above)

Stadium and other Facilities

First Team Stadium Lerkendal Stadion, Trondheim

Capacity 21166 All-Seater

Reserve Team Stadium Heimdal Stadion, Trondheim

Corporate Facilities Adequate

Training Facilities Top

Youth Facilities Average

First Team Squad

GK Rune Almenning Jarstein, Espen Johnsen

RB Mikael Lustig | Roar Strand, Andreas Nordvik

LB Andreas Nordvik, Mikael Dorsin, Roy Miller | Pal Andre Helland

CB Kris Stadsgaard, Alejandro Lago, Vadim Demidov | Andreas Nordvik

DM Anthony Annan | Alexander Tettey, Vadim Demidov

CM Roar Strand, Per Kiljan Skjelbred, Marek Sapara, Alexander Tettey | Vadim Demidov, Pal Andre Helland

ML Pal Andre Helland, Abdou Razack Traore | Dario Zahora, Trond Olsen, Michael Jamtfall

MR | Roar Strand, Michael Jamtfall, Didier Konan

AML Trond Olsen, Michael Jamtfall | Dario Zahora, Abdou Razack Traore

AMR | Michael Jamtfall, Didier Konan, Steffen Iversen

AMC Didier Konan | Per Kiljan Skjelbred, Marek Sapara, Rade Prica, Dario Zahora

ST Steffen Iversen, Kjell Rune Sellin, Rade Prica. Didier Konan, Dario Zahora

Squad Analysis

Although I will use the set formation that Rosenborg use to analyse the squad, I will bear in mind the players own uses in other formations.

GK The two goalkeepers already at the club are good. Rune Almenning Jarstein is considered by the coaches to be the first choice goalkeeper, this may be because he has better control of the defence infront of him. His stats are also quite well rounded. However, Espen Johnsen is very strong in certain categories. He is probably the better goalkeeper with his shot stopping skills, but he does not communicate with his defence quite as well.

RB Mikael Lustig is the only natural right back at the club. He is a decent player and is only 21 so there is room for improvement. Roar Strand is at the end of his career and will provide average backup. Andreas Nordvik is a poor player in comparison to Lustig, and I would not recommend playing him.

LB Mikael Dorsin is a very good player. He is a good age for a left back and I think he is one of the better players at the club. Roy Miller will provide decent backup as he is better than Andreas Nordvik, the other natural left back. Pal Andre Helland can also play here.

CB Vadim Demidov is good without being outstanding and will do a job at centre back. Alejandro Lago and Kris Stadsgaard are both between average and good. They are quite close in comparison and it is hard to chose which to play. Kris Stadsgaard is a young player where as Lago is experienced, but his skills are depleting which may mean you wish to play Stadsgaard.

CDM Anthony Annan is a good player. His skills with the ball are not all that, but he is outstanding in regards to his work rate, teamwork, determination and concerntration. He is a decent tackler which will all lead to him winning the ball, but he won't be the first choice as a playmaker. Alexander Tettey and Vadim Demidov are both good enough to give backup for this position, with neither player outshining the other. However, Demidov is the first choice centre back.

CM Per Kiljan Skjelbred is the star player at the club, and "first name on the team sheet". As he is only young he will definetely improve and is likely to become a great player. Marek Sapara is a good player, and a fantastic choice for many set pieces. First choice to partner Skjelbred. Roar Strand is past it really however Alexander Tettey, Pal Andre Helland and Vadim Demidov can all provide decent cover.

AMR With no natural attacking right midfielder, this may be where you wish to improve. Steffen Iversen, although lacking in pace, is the most techniquely gifted player to use here. Didier Konan is alright and has good pace, however Michael Jamtfall is poor.

AML Trond Olsen is a decent, and quick player and can do a job on the wing. Abdou Razack Traore, although it is not his natural position, is only young and will improve (possibly could be trained) to play well here. Dario Zahora can play here but he is more of a striker and is a bit of a wasted product on the wing, however he can cross a ball. Possibly another area to improve on.

FC (ST) Steffen Iversen is the best striker at the club, however you may want to use him on the right. Dario Zahora is the second best but really, he is not going to score you 20 goals a season. Rade Prica is not good enough for a potentially title winning team and Kjell Rune Selling, although young, is not a good player.

Club Youth

Even Barli is a very decent young goalkeeper and has good stats for a 16 year old.

Markus Hendriksen, a 15 year old CM looks like he could develop into a good player.

Jo Sondre Aas and Mushaga Bakenga both look like they could become decent strikers and are 18 and 15 years old respecitvely.

Where to improve

A right winger and a left winger are clearly needed. As is a stand out striker who will score you goals. (Iversen can't do it by himself!) A right back is also needed as Mikael Lustig, although good, is not great and Roar Strand is nearing the end of his career.

The Starting Team (In My Opinion)

http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab82/McCleary_12/Untitled.jpg

Why should you play with Rosenborg?

Rosenborg are the biggest club in Norway, and I want you to prove it. This doesn't mean champions league success in 3 seasons. But domination of the league. This will prove a challenge with competition from other teams such as SK Brann or Lillestrom, two of the other big sides in Norway. Then the champions league or EUROPE becomes a reality. I wish you all the best of luck.

*All team and players from the new Weegie update* *Players in italics means its not their natural position*

Edit: - Forgot to say, there is a limit of 11 non-homegrown players in the squad. This limits transfers.

Thanks, would hope this convinces some people to play with Rosenborg because I find the Norweigen Leagues great fun. Rosenborg, I think, are the best team to play with as there is room for improvement and you've always got the challenge of other teams in Europe.

Archived