Benoit Costil

Tubey84

COSTIL.jpg

COSTILSTATES.jpg

Looking for a rock solid 'keeper at low cost?

Benoit Costil, who starts the game at Stade Caen in France, is utterly superb. A rock to rely on, after a lengthy search for a 'keeper who could sustain my UEFA Cup and beyond ambitions, I found him in Costil.

He joined me in 2016 on a free transfer from Bayern Munich, and that very season we went on to win our first UEFA Cup at the first try - largely due to Costil's heroics in goal. He only conceded 14 in 14 games and, given we were massive underdogs, that is phenomenal stuff.

In 2020, at the age of 32, he conceded just one goal in 9 games in the Champions League, and kept 18 clean sheets in 25 league games.

He is definitely, definitely worth grabbing - at 33 his stats are showing no signs of deteriorating, and he's consistent as hell!

Enjoy!

Good old Benoît, he was a FM08 legend. Not as good on FM09 but still handy. :thup:

I've tried loads of the budget 'keepers you can name - such as Bogdan Shust etc. - but Costil is absolutely brilliant. In 2021 there's only a handful of 'keepers who can compete with him - honestly!

Archived