Creating Own club

Hazzydeepy

Could someone explain how I would go about creating a custom club on football manager? Would it be a case of creating some new players with custom attributes and then creating the club and adding reputation and everything else? Or is it more complex. Please help someone who has never edited before. Thanks.

It's fairly simple. Just mess around with all the club creation options in the editor, add some players and staff (they don't have to be created by yourself) and swap them with any team in a playable league. Have you tried doing with the editor yet? I suggest you do, then just ask me any questions if you don't get something. Would be much easier that way :thup:

Dont worry about that, I've found out how to get players using the edit tab.

But I have many other questions :D.

- Do I have to create the club first or the players?

- Could someone give me some guidelines on setting Current Ability, Potential Ability, Home Reputation, Current Reputation and World Reputation give me some example of players on all of those if possible.

- If I wanted to create a stadium for my club, when do I create it - first, second or last (after the players and club is created).

- I dont really understand the 'tactical attributes' part when creating the club.

Sorry for the questions, but I would really love it if someone could guide me here.

PS - In relation to the ability and reputation questions, I am planning to put my team in the bottom tier of english football i.e. the Blue Square south. Also, I am fine with most of the other parts.

- Do I have to create the club first or the players?

Doesn't make any difference.

- Could someone give me some guidelines on setting Current Ability, Potential Ability, Home Reputation, Current Reputation and World Reputation give me some example of players on all of those if possible.

Simply put - no, there's nothing like that around as far as I know. Maybe look at the attributes of some other BSN/S players?

- If I wanted to create a stadium for my club, when do I create it - first, second or last (after the players and club is created).

Doesn't matter, just remember to set it as your new club's stadium.

- I dont really understand the 'tactical attributes' part when creating the club.

What are they?

Sorry for the questions, but I would really love it if someone could guide me here.

PS - In relation to the ability and reputation questions, I am planning to put my team in the bottom tier of english football i.e. the Blue Square south. Also, I am fine with most of the other parts.

Answers in bold.

Right yes - I will look at some BSS/BSN players then and get an average. If someone could tell me like a sort of average for CA,PA, and all the reputations then I would be grateful. But I will have to figure it out myself soon otherwise.

Tactical attributes - It says things like attacking, flamboyancy, marking, pressing etc. and tells me to rank them from 1-20 (like player attributes) Im going to create the players first anyway so I can deal with this later.

Many thanks mate.

Right - I think I understand everything now, apart from the current ability, potential ability and all the reputations (but to a lesser extent). From what I understand, Current ability is from 0-200 with 0 being the worst player imaginable to 200 being the worlds best, PA ranges from -10 to 200 (I dont have a clue about this) and all the reputation range from 0-200 - with 0 being completely unknown to 200 being the most famous footballer on the planet. Please help.

EDIT: I have read the FAQ and the potential ability story - but I still ned help on it.

Right so - if a player is like at 150 CA and is looking like a good player, then I should set it for -9/-10 then or something?

Also, Is potential ability always in minus numbers?

And is my thinking that 0 is no potential, -10 is amazing potential, 0 for CA is a pathetic player and 200 is a god like player correct?

Right so - if a player is like at 150 CA and is looking like a good player, then I should set it for -9/-10 then or something?

Also, Is potential ability always in minus numbers?

And is my thinking that 0 is no potential, -10 is amazing potential, 0 for CA is a pathetic player and 200 is a god like player correct?

The minus numbers are just used as a template for players that researchers couldn't set a definite PA value for I'd imagine. PA isn't always in minus numbers. If you want the player to turn out good, then set it at -9/-10 or give him a definite CA value.

on fm08 when i tried making a brand new team i could never load up the nation when trying to start a new game.

is that not the case anymore?

Your problem is that you had too many teams in the league you edited. You have to take a team out of the league for every team you put in.

The minus numbers are just used as a template for players that researchers couldn't set a definite PA value for I'd imagine. PA isn't always in minus numbers. If you want the player to turn out good, then set it at -9/-10 or give him a definite CA value.

Ahhh - I see now. So I can either pick a one number positive PA that the players' CA cannot exceed - Or I can pick a minus PA that has a range.

Nope I think thats about it :D. I will start creating now - I will let you know if I have any problems mate, along the way. I suppose the only thing I am still unsure about is not how the CA/PA works, but whereabouts I should set it in accordance to the league I am in.

How much would you say I should designate myself as a transfer budget in the prem when starting a new club?

Don't want it to be too easy or too hard.

Thanks.

Maybe try looking at the transfer budgets of other Premier League clubs and give yourself a similar figure?

Maybe try looking at the transfer budgets of other Premier League clubs and give yourself a similar figure?

But remember I have to buy the whole squad with the budget, other clubs get that amount to just add to their squad.

In that case - £50-70m perhaps?

K, thanks a lot, I had no idea what kind of figure to use, lol. :)

the problem i had when making a new club and starting with no players or very few players, you will start with a very small wage budget, whether you edited the wages in the editor or not. when i make a new club and start a game i use fmrte to increase the wage budget. or if you dont want to use that then you could add a few players with big wages and that would up the overall wage budget.

Archived