Some General suggestions/complaints

Hi, i am a absolute Fan of this game having played every version since 2010 some of them more some of them less but still spending at least a pretty decent amount of time for any years version. In all those years i noticed some "problems" that exist for years now and that i think should get fixed.

1. Manager changing clubs in the middle of the Season.

A manager getting sacked in the middle of a season is certainly nothing new. What bugs me though is that very often the new manager is working at a new Club already. It's not rare to see manager going from bayern to united from chelsea to Barcelona or anything else in the middle of the season. How often do you see that in actual football? Right, Never, once in a few years at most. I also feel like there are to few clubs changing managers at the end of the season.

2. Transfer behaviour.

This is a pretty big point as it involves some different problems i have with the transfer behaviour of some clubs.

2.1I appreciate that the game tries to simulate the transfer behaviour of the real life clubs. Sometimes it doesnt get it quite right though while sometimes it's downright unrealistic. What i noticed for nearly every games version for example is that clubs like bayern tend to buy cheap(er) players for around 10-25 Million Euro. While it's true that they are not spending as big as Clubs like real Madrid Chelsea and psg do. it's not like they don't do it at all. (As proven by the big and expensive signings of Renato sanches and hummels for next Season already) also unlike in the game they go for actual good and/or german players while in the Game Most of the signings are some average players strangely. (This is a Problem with german Clubs in general i noticed, always going for the average Players) Bayern turned into a Club with average players in nearly every single save i had.

Then there are Clubs like real madrid and Manchester City. Just looking at the Transfers made every year they spend >100 millions every year. Once they just bought 2 cbs for over a hundred. Then spend another 60 for a striker. Every year. Without any sales. This is ridiculous even in comparison to real life real and city.

2.2 next thing is how the Clubs are always buying way too many players in General. I tend to have like 22-25 good players adding in some youth players. CPU Clubs have way more than that. Just observe your former club after you leave it or any other club in general. They buy more players than they sell every year. I can't recall a single time where i took over a new club and had to sell heaps of players( with so many of them unhappy ofcourse because theyre not getting First team in that 30 something squad)

2.3 somewhat going hand in hand with 2.2 is the fact that clubs are buying players just to not let them play. It's not even that they are getting to play their first few months or something and can't suceed but that theyre just getting bought and benched. Even more ridiculous if it's a player like gündogan or mahrez getting sold for 30-40 million and not playing a single game.

How many offers for your Players do you receive if you just lead your team from the bottom to the First position in league? Nearly none maybe 1. Do you think Nobody will ne interested in leicester players like Kante and mahrez this Season? It's just unrealistic that a small club overperforming in this game still wont get many offers for their players.

2.5. this might be my view only but i feel like market value prices are rising to slow or sometimes doesnt make any Sense. It happened that sometimes i just won the cl with my players still having only 20 mio market

Value at best.

3.managerial Reputation

I feel like this is rising too slow as well. I can lead a team from third division to first division winner and i'm still at national Reputation.

That's all i remember for now. I might add something later on if i remember it again. I would look forward if you look at those suggestions/problems i have and that youre trying to make the game even more enjoyable for everyone. Thanks for your attention

• SI Staff

Hi and thanks for the detailed feedback.

With regard to point 1), in update 7.1 we tried to make it more likely that clubs would appoint free agent managers, but it's a fair point at the very top level that maybe clubs should wait more till the end of the season before sacking.

About transfers - I think it's a fair point that some players outside England/Italy/Spain are probably not going for high enough fees, there is some work we are doing related to this for the future. It will also depend in part though n which nations you have loaded (for instance if you don't have Germany loaded, clubs there will buy fewer players and compete less for the top class players).

In terms of player numbers at clubs, it's necessary that big clubs should maintain a decent side squad to avoid unbalancing the database (they have nearly full squads at game start usually). However it is probably fair that they could be bringing through more young players rather than filling things out with purchases.

We'll continue to monitor the other points you've mentioned.

Regarding squad size in 2.2 and 2.3, the problem is that the AI doesn't appear to manage player conditions by rotating the squad. I know it's been reported numerous times so hopefully it gets fixed

Archived