Retired player not returning for testimonial

I've just had Michael Carrick retire from football on my United save. I had scheduled his testimonial for the start of the season after he'd announced his retirement in the hope that he'd still play for one match instead of just disappearing out the game.

I hired him as a coach but now it's the day of the testimonial and he's nowhere to be seen. In Rooney's testimonial I got players like Darren Fletcher coming back for the one match so I was expecting something similar for Carrick but as I said, there's no sign of him.

Is there a way to include him or is it too late? If not, can SI look at this for future versions.

Thanks

Was Darren Fletcher a retired player at that time? AFAIK only people who have an active player profile can currently play in testimonials.

irl yes, in FM no, Once a player retires they become a non-player & as such lose their player attributes which means the match engine will have no idea what to do with them.

Still worth a posting your idea in the wishlist thread, just because it's not possible now it doesn't mean SI can;t come up with a solution for a future version.

Archived