Match time disappearing

All too often I have match time passing by with a break in play only for a substitution to be made!, literally nothing else happens!.....no offsides, no throw-ins, no fouls, no corners, no shots, no goal kicks etc etc!!, it is absurd to be believable that this ever happens in a football match and to make matters worse this will only occur when it is my team that need a goal (and I'm not saying I should have everything in my favour until I score as that's not the game!) but there are matches when absolutely nothing happens for me or my opponent sometimes for up to 30 minutes!!.

This event never occurs when it is me hanging onto a lead, my opponent will have all the game time that should be given to both teams during a match.

What I do expect for my money is a fair game and by fair again I don't mean winning every match as my record will testify I don't win every match (and I never "save & re-start" if I lose as I consider that cheating and achieving victory under false pretenses!) but my point is that if a match passes by without a single incident for as I said sometimes up to 30 mins then what is the point of being a Football Manager!, what are we playing the game for?, we may aswell set the game playing on a automatic results generator and leave it to complete a season on its own!!, to me it is simply robbing people of alot of match time.

What kind of highlights are you using? Key highlights are showing just the important ones, use extended to see more chances.

I will move this to the tactic forums, as I think you need to make changes in your tactics to produce more goal chances, when your team is in need of a goal.

You have completely misread my point!!, it is NOT about my tactics!!, I'm not stupid I know how to alter tactics to create an expansive game with more chances as I do many times managing my own real life team!!

This is totally about the match engine robbing me of playing time by simply skipping past every possible action of a football match, I already have my highlights on extensive to view all the events I mentioned.

If you read again I have had matches where 30 minutes have passed with not a single thing happening (aside from substitutions), I may aswell set the game to auto generate results then leave the room and come back when the season has finished if this occurs, it should never happen and completely negates the need for a "Football Manager", you may aswell call the game "Football Watcher"

The highlights mode are just showing highlights. It skips a lot. When you watch the game in full, you will see that they actually play football. Just nothing that goes into the match of the day highlights.

Archived