Contracts in the Welsh Premier League

I've recently joined Gap Connah's Quay in Wales, and am aiming to take them to European champions. However, despite the fact that we're a semi-professional, I have not been able to give anyone (transfer targets or current players) professional contracts. Does anyone know why this is?

Until you go full time you are not able to offer full time contracts.

Forgot to add that there is an issue related to the data where some clubs have not been set with their valid contract types which restricts them to non-contract deals & Connah's Quay are one of those clubs. If you've just started a new save then you might want to consider correcting the error in the pre-game editor.

Settings you'll want are under Contract Types in the club record & you should set Part-Time for key player, first team & rotation squad status', other clubs have amateur set for backup, hot prospect & youngster however personally I would set backup to non-contract.

For staff a mix of part-time & non-contract depending on the role importance would be my preference.

Remember to do this for all clubs with blank entries otherwise it could unbalance your game.

Just had a look, will want to change some of the contract types to non-contract as I don't like the idea of every top tier club being able to offer p/t deals across the board but it looks interesting. I haven't checked but I wonder if Bedwas has a football club as I have family there & having a personal link to a club/town always helps keep up motivation.

Archived