[WIP] [FM2016] Atlantic League

Overview:

The Atlantic League has continually been mooted in certain press circles as a solution for many "big fish in small ponds" across

Northern Europe - e.g. Celtic, Porto, Ajax, Anderlecht. Red-tape and concerns regarding UEFA competition seems to have been the historic barrier.

This database is an attempt at making the Atlantic League viable, including teams from the main countries that showed interest (and one or

two more for variety)

Download

jDZOVGu.png

3 automatic relegation (1 relegated determined by playoffs)

3 automatic promotions (1 promoted determined by playoffs)

No relegation after Atlantic 2 (due to technical issues!)

Notes:

Football Manager only allows leagues to be based in a nation - have therefore picked the Faroe Islands.

- Have had to modify Faroes club co-efficient to ensure top 6 teams qualify for Europe.

- Have had to change each clubs "base" nation to be the Faroes

- Have had to reduce co-efficients of the aforementioned 8 countries (having lost their best teams)

- Have increased population of Faroes to make youth development for clubs acceptable

- Faroe language is now English

- Teams have been arbitrarily selected based on reputation (ensuring a reasonable mix of the 8 countries)

- Ajer and Sviatchenko have been transferred to Celtic in this update (I'm a Celtic fan!)

- Television money and competition money is relatively conservative

- League reputation is set to somewhere above France but below Spain/England/Germany

Known issues:

- There exists a defunct "Atlantic" league within Luxembourg (a previous failed effort) which has extremely high rep (can anyone help!?)

- Champions League/Europa registration - seeing as clubs are classed as "Faroese" there are very few players classed as homegrown. This can stop you progressing past the registration "Must Respond". Go on holiday for one day and this bypasses the issue. Over time when youngsters develop, this issue should disappear.

- *Unconfirmed* some players will attempt to qualify for the Faroe national team

- A league structure including the previous nations is not possible. The Atlantic League is a closed shop.

- The lower leagues as a result have been arbitrarily modified to keep club numbers correct. Teams have been moved up based on rep.

- Swedish leagues unplayable (incorrect number of clubs available - work in progress)

Suggestions and comments welcome!

One question: How did you distribute the teams between the divisions? Because FC Midtjylland were Danish champions and FC København runners-up last season, so I would put them in A1 and Brøndby in A2. Based on current rep, it should be the same.

Also, I would scrap the relegation playoff in A1. To me you shouldn't be able to finish 8th out of 14 and still get relegated. But that is of course a matter of taste.

Otherwise, I really like the idea! :thup:

Hi, it is a good point. It isn't really based on last season, more based on historic swing and particularly the media reports surrounding the Atlantic league in real life. Brondby's sports manager Anders Bjerregard is on record supporting the plans, while Kvb have dominated in last ten years. Midtjylland are relative newcomers to the wider scene :)

Archived