TNS backup contracts

Greetings. I am currently managing TNS in the wonderful Welsh Premier League, curently in the third season and having fun. Since the first day I got the job I noticed that the club can only offer profesional contracts to players with squad status of rotation and above. Anything lower than that is reduced to an amateur contract. Now I am not one to complain about free labour in my team, and due to the economic crisis it seems that there is always a pile of 19 yos eager to come and play for my team for no pesky salaries/healthcare/labour laws etc. A true business man's dream. But it has started becoming a bit troublesome, since I can't realy tie down any youngsters to contracts unless I am willing to promise them more football than they are going to get. So long story short, I was wandering what is causing this.Is it the board? Is it hard coded? Is there a work around? If not, can someone who has played further than me give me some tips on how they managed the situation?

By the way, I am joking about being pro to free labour.

My regards and thanks in advance.

Nope. Just tested this.Made the league the second highest rep in europe (150rep) and still I am not allowed to offer profesional contracts with squad status lower than rotation. Did find out that this is set in the database though. So the question now becomes... will it ever change? If not,can I edit it in game?

Valid contract types are set in the data, in this case lower than first team will be restricted to n/c deals.

You can change the settings in the pre-game editor & over time the game code can lift these restrictions.

Archived