FMM requires network connection to start?

Hi

In my experience with FMH 2014 and 2015, we never needed a network connection to start the game. However, I'm now playing FMM 2016 and it seems to want a network connection whenever I start. See attached screenshot:

view?usp=sharing

Is this just an issue with me, or is the game made this way?

If so, it might become a serious issue for those of us who don't always have an Internet connection.

(Apologies for posting this in the bugs forumtoo...not sure if this is a bug or just a general query so I posted in both)

PS: I have officially purchased via Google Play and the game opens fine when Internet connection is available. I'm running it on an Android 4.1.2 tablet.

It shouldn't require a network connection to start every time at all, I know it does require a connection to the GooglePlay Market the first time it connects - but it shouldn't after that.

This problem has happened to me as well. I had gone through the download and started a game, but the app will not start without a network connection (same error message).

• SI Staff
Same here. Initially the download and startup was fine, but after turning off the tab and trying again the next day, it asked me for a network connection. Does the same every day since as well. Any fix, or suggestion to solve this?

We'll include a fix for this in the next update - in the meantime if the app is just backgrounded instead of quit it shouldn't require a check when it comes into the foreground.

We'll include a fix for this in the next update - in the meantime if the app is just backgrounded instead of quit it shouldn't require a check when it comes into the foreground.

Thanks very much. I did find that if it's in the background, it doesn't ask for a network connection. So the workaround for now is to just start when one is available....

Archived