iPhone 6s+ Unsupported Keyboard

The game doesn't support the native resolution of keyboards on any Plus model of iPhone, both the 2014 version of the device and 2015. None is supported.

This is a larger issue than it seems as the lack of support makes keyboards appear huge and clog most of the available screen space. Not to mention the obvious lack of polish of releasing a premium game without support for the resolution from devices that are now a full generation old. It really reflects bad on gameplay and user experience.

This issue was reported over a year ago right after the release of Football Manager Handheld 15.

Why hasn't this been fixed a year later in Football Manager Mobile 2016?

Can this be fixed in the next update or will we be asked to wait a whole another year to see such fundamental aspect of the game supported?

Thanks for the help.

• SI Staff

I prefer the large keyboard because I have larger fingers and a small keyboard makes it harder for me to type on - I presume I'm not alone in this and don't see it as anything which detracts from the gameplay as when the keyboard is up all you are doing is inputting text.

I'm sorry if you find it irritating, but its that way by design.

I prefer the large keyboard because I have larger fingers and a small keyboard makes it harder for me to type on - I presume I'm not alone in this and don't see it as anything which detracts from the gameplay as when the keyboard is up all you are doing is inputting text.

I'm sorry if you find it irritating, but its that way by design.

It's the wrong resolution. You can't (well you can but shouldn't) adopt a wrong resolution just because you personally have big fingers. That's definitely a bad approach to design.

Especially since everyone using a Plus device on a regular basis gets used to the native resolution of the keyboard, typing fast on that type and size of keyboard, making no sense having to adapt to a different mindset without muscle-memory only in FMM when nearly all other apps have already adopted the correct sized keyboard with native resolution.

At least implement an option that allows people to use the native resolution. Forcing people into an ugly disproportional keyboard of wrong resolution simply because a developer feels he has big fingers is unbelievable in this day and age... that would be like the PC version of Football Manager not using a modern 3D match engine because a developer has eyesight problems and prefers to watch the match in blocky pixel art!

Be reasonable, please.

• SI Staff

I've already replied to this - you can read my reply above.

Once any reported issues which I believe are more critical have been rectified I'll look into this - however I don't think it is something which will detract hugely from the gameplay experience for the vast majority of users, you obviously disagree with this which is your right.

Please, there is no need for arrogance here Marc. I obviously read your comment above since I replied to it several days ago. I didn't find your answer to be a fair assessment and you can read my reasoning above, which I am sure you have. All I'm asking is that you give it some thought.

Many things are just opinions and everyone is free to disagree, no harm in that. This however is not about just an opinion or a disagreement: it's about lack of support to native resolution. That's factual.

You shouldn't dismiss it as an insignificant issue simply because it personally doesn't affect your experience. Please kindly consider fixing it in the next update as I believe that it doesn't require a considerable investment of time and development. It will only benefit the game we all play and love. Cheers.

• SI Staff

I don't believe I'm being arrogant - however I don't think that your continually asking should change my opinion on this matter, there are more important things needing attention at this time after which I am happy to look into this as I have stated earlier.

Archived