Clubs Turning Professional

Alastairhufc

Does anyone know what determines whether or not a Semi-Professional Club turns professional?

I'm running a holiday game at the moment to see how Hereford FC progress and in 2016/17 they came 2nd in the Southern League Division One South and West meaning they qualify for the play offs. If they win the playoffs and get promoted they stay Semi-Professional but if they fail to win them and don't get promoted they turn professional. Any idea what influences this decision?

I'm making an editor file and trying to make it so the club only goes pro when it is needed to have a good chance of challenging for the league but I'm not sure what to change to influence this.

Does anyone know what determines whether or not a Semi-Professional Club turns professional?

I'm running a holiday game at the moment to see how Hereford FC progress and in 2016/17 they came 2nd in the Southern League Division One South and West meaning they qualify for the play offs. If they win the playoffs and get promoted they stay Semi-Professional but if they fail to win them and don't get promoted they turn professional. Any idea what influences this decision?

I would suggest it's a random thing based on club rep & finances, possibly chairman ambition each season based on the fact that it didn't happen the way you would expect with promotion/non-promotion.

It might be that in the season you mention, the club is ready to go pro in FMs view, and it's say 50/50 chance each season whether the board decide to do it? A bit how retirements work.

I would suggest it's a random thing based on club rep & finances, possibly chairman ambition each season based on the fact that it didn't happen the way you would expect with promotion/non-promotion.

It might be that in the season you mention, the club is ready to go pro in FMs view, and it's say 50/50 chance each season whether the board decide to do it? A bit how retirements work.

Ah so there isn't really anything I can change in the editor then. Realistically I would expect the club to stay semi-pro till we reach the Conference North. I'll be doing more changes in my file over the next few days including adding the actual chairman and board so I might see what I can do on their profile to affect it.

Thanks for the response. :)

Ah so there isn't really anything I can change in the editor then. Realistically I would expect the club to stay semi-pro till we reach the Conference North. I'll be doing more changes in my file over the next few days including adding the actual chairman and board so I might see what I can do on their profile to affect it.

Thanks for the response. :)

I know Hereford need to have higher rep than others in the MFL. But maybe lowering it slightly would help long term.

Archived