[FM13] Il Bellissimo Gioco

Fond Foat

I have decided to go back to FM13 to rekindle my interest in the series. I am deliberately not going to use any pictures (unless really needed) for this thread and aim to keep things short and sweet. I only design regular tactics and default corner setups. Finally, I only sign players my scouts find.

Season 1 - This post

Season 2

Club Manged: Forli

Nation: Italy

League: Serie C2/A

Season 2012/2013

August 2012

The board seem decent enough. They are looking for a mid-table finish which may seem a bit much for a newly promoted club. No transfer money but £19k for salaries. I have a small squad but I like that. We had a few loanees in before I had arrived, but we need them as we only have 10 players on contracts. I brought in 9 players on free transfers and let go 1.

My best signings were:

• Matteo Paro - A 29 year old defensive midfielder. I created a 4-1DM-2CM-2W-1DLF tactic and with no real DMs in the squad Paro was an important signing. Not a great physical player but mentally appears excellent. He should be a permanent fixture.
  • Tommasco Paci - A 21 year old attacking right sided winger. Has real speed and ball control. He could cause some real problems attacking up the right wing.
  • Marco Djuric - At just 19, Marco has solid skills and a good physical presence, I have him earmarked to be my playmaker in the midfield.

Fixtures

I set up some pretty easy friendlies and we won them all. We were in Group M for the Serie C cup.

Cup Results

Forli v Melfi: Loss - 1-2 - They scored twice in 2 minutes (74&75). Fonte (DC) scored for us in the 93rd minute. An important goal in the grand scheme of things.

Rimini v Forli: Win - 1-2 - Similar to the first game. This time we scored twice in 5 minutes (61&66) before they scored in the 93rd minute. Our goals came from Petrascu and Mordini.

After all games every team had 3 points, 3 goals for, 3 goals against but we were awarded top spot and advanced. I am not sure why, but we will take it!

Predicted Team for 2012/2013

Sweeper Keeper (S) - Paolo Ginestra / Filippo Giannelli (Loan)

Full Back Left (A) - Roberto Sabato / Giuseppe Orlando

Full Back Right (A) - Leonardo Arrigoni (Loan) / Marco Vessi

Defender Center (D) - Emanuele Fonte (Loan) / Marco vessi

Defender Center (D) - Riccardo Cossu / Andrea Martini

Defensive Midfielder (S) - Matteo Paro / Leonardo Torri (Loan)

Advanced Playmaker (S) - Daniele Mordini / Luca Bergamaschi

Central Midfielder (A) - Marco Djuric / Matteo Paro

Winger Left (S) - Mattia Filipi (Loan) / Marcello Scarponi (Loan)

Winger Right (A) - Tommaso Paci / Marcello Scarpini

Deep Lying Forward (S) - Daniele Melandri / Daniele Ferri

September 2012

2nd - Forli v Savona - 2-2 - We controlled the game but couldn't get the winner. Paci scored in the 38th minute but they equalized staright away. Melandri scored just before the half to conclude a busy 10 minutes. They fought back again in the 65th minute.

9th - Milazzo v Forli - 0-2 - A good away win. Melandri scored in the 31st minute and then Ferri, his replacement scored in the 88th minute. Pleased with the way we controlled the ball.

16th - Forli v Venezia - 0-0 - Another draw at home. We had 18 shots to 7 but could not find the cutting edge.

23rd - Bassano v Forli - 1-1 - Djuric scored in the 6th minute but we let them equalize in the 27th. This was the first game we were outplayed really. Still an away draw is fine by me.

30th - Forli v Monza - 2-3 - Our poor home form continued. We went into the half one down and then found ourselves three down at the 70th minute after switching to a 4-4-2. We did come back well with Ferri scoring twice in quick succession (72&75). It was a mad attacking rush to the end, but we couldn't grab the goal needed.

Table

[TABLE=class: grid, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]1

[/TD]

[TD]Pro Patria[/TD]

[TD]15

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]Santacangelo[/TD]

[TD]13

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]Fano

[/TD]

[TD]7

[/TD]

[TD]Promotion Playoffs[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10

[/TD]

[TD]Forli[/TD]

[TD]5

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]Casglione[/TD]

[TD]4

[/TD]

[TD]Relegation Playoffs[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Players in Form: Daniele Mordini: 7.90 / Daniele Melandri: 7.50 / Daniele Ferri 7.34 / Emanuele Fonte 7.30

Leading Goalscorer: Daniele Ferri 3

Leading Assists: Daniele Melandri 2

Player of the Match: Emanuele Fonte, Daniele Mordini 1

October 2012

3rd - (Serie C Cup 1st Round) Forli v Carrarese - 1-2 - We again found ourselves behind at the half. Mordini got us 1 back in the 52nd minute, but we could not open them up. In fact, I feel we were flattered a bit by the scoreline. Defense is an issue.

7th - Santacangelo v Forli - 1-0 - Fair to say we are in an early season slump. We seem to playing well but not getting the breaks. We conceded to a fantastic goal in the 64th minute and then had some great chances to equalize but it was not meant to be. A little concerned.

10th: Signing - Forli snapped up French central defender Cachito Wanduka on a free transfer. Wanduka, 20, has only been available for a short time since his AS Nancy Lorraine contract expired. He looks a solid prospect who will start many games allowing Fonte to move out to the right.

13th - Forli v Alessandro - 0-3 - Hmmmm..... We were 1 nil down at the half. I switched to a 4-4-2 but we just can't create chances whilst getting cut open at the other end. Wanduka looked good, but we are in trouble for sure.

18th: Signing - Forli signed French midfielder Florian Moulet on a free transfer. Moulet, 20, has been available for a short time since his OM contract expired. I am hoping he gives me more creativity in the midfield.

21st - Renate v Forli - 2-0 - Ginestra was injured in training so will miss 3 weeks. This meant 17 year-old Giannelli took over in goals. He made an error early on which put us down 1-0. I again helplessly watched us fail to trouble their defense until we allowed a second as we pushed on furiously at the end. I am scratching my head at the moment.

28th - Forli v Casale - 4-2 - At home against the bottom team. Finally some green. I kept the same formation but changed some roles. We were 3 up at the half (Filippi 4&28; Ferri 30) and then went up 4-0 when Melandri scored (67). Of course we let them come back at us and for awhile I thought we may make a mess of it. We didn't. We won. Yay!

Table

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 350, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Pro Patria[/TD]

[TD]27[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]Santacangelo[/TD]

[TD]19[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]Alessandria[/TD]

[TD]14[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]Forli[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]Bellaria[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Players in Form: Daniele Mordini: 7.46 / Mattia Filippi: 7.40 / Florian Moulet 7.14

Leading Goalscorer: Daniele Ferri 4

Leading Assists: Tommaso Paci 3

Player of the Match: Mattia Filippi, Emanuele Fonte, Daniele Mordini 1

November 2012

3rd - Bellaia v Forli - 0-1 - A very even game. I switched to counter near the end of the game and Melandri fresh from the bench scored a scrambled winner. Pleased with the result as I just want to get some points on the board.

11th - Forli v Giacomense - 4-3 - One of those games that ended up being closer than it should have been. We were 4-1 up after 85 minutes (Filippi 16&58, Paci 29, Ferri 38) but Paci got sent off. They got one back straight away and then Cossu scored an unlucky own goal in the 92nd minute. I felt we played well though and we now had 3 wins on the trot.

18th - Rimini v Forli - 0-0 - Rimini were in the bottom 3 and mangerless so I hoped to get a good result. We struggled to get into a rythm however and struggled with forced substitutions. In the end I can't complain about a draw.

25th - Forli v Castiglione - 0-0 - A game of back and forth where neither team could break the other down. There were definitely chances for both teams to win but a draw will have to do.

Table (!3 Matches Played)

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Pro Patria[/TD]

[TD]34

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]Santacangelo[/TD]

[TD]29

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]Alessandria[/TD]

[TD]21

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9

[/TD]

[TD]Forli[/TD]

[TD]16

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]Savona

[/TD]

[TD]12

[/TD]

[TD]Relegation Playoffs

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

League Stats

Players in Form: Mattia Filippi 7.76/ Tomasso Paci 7.42 / Daniele Ferri 7.40 / Cachito Wanduka 7.34

Leading Goalscorer: Daniele Ferri 5

Leading Assists: Tommaso Paci 5

Player of the Match: Mattia Filippi, Daniele Mordini 2

Thoughts

The two French signings have helped us tremendously. It is no coincidence that we have conceded far less since Wanduka arrived. Moulet was injured during the last two draws and it seems his passing in the midfield is key. Also making Filippi an inside forward on the left wing and Paci an advanced playmaker on the right wing has helped our forward play.

December 2012

2nd - Pro Patria v Forli - 2-1 - We gave it our best shot but they had a bit more class than we did. They scored in the 34th before Mordini equalized just on halftime. We then played an even half but unfortunately they put a good ball through our defenses in the 84th minute to get the win.

9th - Mantova v Forli - 2-0 - I tried my 4-4-2 today, but it didn't work. We had 0 shots! They only had 5, but they converted 2 of them. 4 games without a win.

16th - Forli v Vallee d'Aoste - 3-0 - Two reasons for the good performance. Moulet back and we switched to a 5-3-2 with a DM. A game we controlled from start to finish. Filippi (16), Moulet (50), and Fonte (83) were the scorers.

23rd - Fano v Forli - 3-2 - Bang...Bang..Bang. 3-0 down after 24 minutes. The only good thing is we had plenty of time to get back into the match. Moulet got one in the 38th minute and Mordini in the 79th minute. A loss means we slip towards the bottom end of the table.

Table (16/17 Matches Played)

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Pro Patria[/TD]

[TD]41

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]Fano

[/TD]

[TD]36

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]Mantova[/TD]

[TD]27

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11

[/TD]

[TD]Forli[/TD]

[TD]19

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]Castiglione

[/TD]

[TD]17

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

League Stats

Players in Form: Emanuele Fonte 7.32 / Floriam Moulet 7.30 / Mattia Filippi 7.18 / Marcello Scarponi 7.14

Leading Goalscorer: Daniele Ferri, Mattia Filippi 5

Leading Assists: Tommaso Paci 5

Player of the Match: Mattia Filippi 3

Thoughts

Maybe a bit too much messing with my tactics. I will stick with the 4-3-3 in January. We are losing money very quickly (aroung £90k a month) and we are just over our salary budget. I can't see anything happening in the transfer window.

January 2013

6th - Savona v Forli - 1-2 - Very pleased with the away win. Ferri gave us the lead in the 21st minute. They equalized in the 32nd. Djuric gave us the lead again straight after halftime. We then defended bravely for the rest of the half to get an important win. We had Moulet, Ginestra, and Mordini out so the result was even more pleasing.

13th - Forli v Milazzo - 2-0 - Okay. So 4-3-3 works for us...I think. Anyway a strong win indeed. Goals to Ferri (35) and Fonte (56) means we climb back into 8th spot.

19th - Venezia v Forli - 2-2 - We were lucky in this one. They took the lead in the 26th minute but Fonte equalized straight away from a corner. We were not an attacking threat so I tried to push on a bit near the end. They opened us up in the 80th minute. It took a wonderstrike from Paro (88) to salvage a point.

Table (21 Matches Played)

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Pro Patria[/TD]

[TD]47

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]Renate

[/TD]

[TD]43

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]Alessandria

[/TD]

[TD]34

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8

[/TD]

[TD]Forli[/TD]

[TD]26

[/TD]

[TD]Game in hand

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14

[/TD]

[TD]Monza

[/TD]

[TD]20

[/TD]

[TD]Relegation Playoffs

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

League Stats

Players in Form: Emanuele Fonte 7.70 / Mattia Filippi 7.42 / Matteo Paro 7.34

Leading Goalscorer: Daniele Ferri 7

Leading Assists: Mattia Filippi 6

Thoughts

Solid month. Only three games due to a game being moved to February. We did manage to move on a couple of players in the transfer window but in the end it did not seem finacially prudent to try to get in anyone else.

February 2013

3rd - Monza v Forli - 1-0 - I officially hate Monza. They are having a bad season, but they bossed us around like nobody's business. I tweaked myself silly in the

second half but we could not get anything out of this game. Boy, we miss Moulet.

6th - Forli v Bassano - 0-1 - Argggh. As we got near the 80 minute mark, I decided to push for a win. I switched to attacking, which for me means the opposition

score, and the opossition scored. Beside that we seem to have lost our attacking bite. Sigh.

10th - Forli v Santarcangelo - 0-0 - I can't help but think Moulet is the creative force in this team. He has been out for three weeks and the results have been

solid but with zero attacking drive. Even though they went down to 10 men after 70 minutes we still could not get a winner.

17rd - Alessandrio v Forli - 3-1 - The wheels have truly fallen off. With 3 of our midfield out injured and Ferri also getting smashed in this game we will be limping along next month for sure. We were never in the game and the goal we got was an own goal. I am going to switch to 4-4-2 for a few fixtures.

24th - Forli v Renate - 1-1 - Not our month. We bossed this game and after numerous chances Paci put us in the lead (66). Straight from the kick they crossed a ball into the box and Fonte put in an own goal. We kept pushing on but could not get a crucial secons goal.

Table (25 Matches Played)

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Pro Patria[/TD]

[TD]51

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]Fano

[/TD]

[TD]50

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]Santarcangelo

[/TD]

[TD]41

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]12

[/TD]

[TD]Forli[/TD]

[TD]28

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]Monza[/TD]

[TD]27

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

League Stats

My Player of the Month: Cachito Wanduka (DC-Ball Playing Defender)

Leading Goalscorer: Daniele Ferri 7 - a goaless month!

Leading Assists: Mattia Filippi 6 - an assistless month!

Thoughts

Two goals for the month. Too many injuries to our better players hit us hard. Moulet is without doubt the heart and soul of this team. We need a good March...like really! 4-4-2 for the next few games.

March 2013

3rd - Casale v Forli - 0-3 - A quiet first half. I then pushed Paci up to AMR and made my CM(S) Paro an AP(S). Bingo! Filippi (59&63) and Ferri (76) finished off some good play and we got a very important win. We need to keep this going.

10th - Forli v Bellaria - 3-1 - Another strong result. We were in control early after Fonte's 4th minute goal. We couldn't add a second, so I got a bit upset when they equalised in the 58th minute. We responded immediately through Ferri and then added a 5rd in the 70th minute when Filippi finished off some good build up play.

17th - Giacomense v Forli - 3-2 - We gave it a good effort. At the half we were 1-1 (Paci 43) but conceded 2 goals in 5 minutes shortly after the break. Melandri got one back (62) but then Mordini was sent off. We tried to get a third, but failed to do so. This loss keeps things tight.

19th: Youth Intake - Well...hmmm...okay. I will keep one. Luca Amadori a 15 year old attacking midfielder.

24th - Forli v Rimini - 1-2 - This one hurt. We faced a poor Rimini team and we were pathetic. We were 2 down after 21 minutes. Filippi got one back for us in the 33rd. I gave them the hair dryer treatment at the half. We missed simple chances, scored from off side twice, and had a penalty shout turned down. I..am..angry..Oh, Moulet is out for a month again.

30th: Signing - Forli have signed French midfielder Mathieu Giraud (27) on a free transfer. I need a better midfielder to play on the left side. I hope he will impress.

Table (29 Matches Played - 5 Left)

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Fano[/TD]

[TD]60[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]Pro Patria[/TD]

[TD]58[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]Bassano[/TD]

[TD]48[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD]Forli[/TD]

[TD]34[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]Rimini[/TD]

[TD]30[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

League Stats

My Player of the Month: Emanuele Fonti (DC)

Leading Goalscorer: Daniele Ferri 9

Leading Assists: Mattia Filippi 6

Thoughts

A frustrating month. I thought things were going to turn around but not to be. Our finances are rubbish. Unsure of what the future will hold.

April 2013

7th - Castiglione v Forli - 1-2 - A solid performance. Ferri (3) gave us the lead early and Filippi doubled it in the 69th minute. They scored in the 89th minute to set up a bit of a nervy ending. Sadly Paci will miss 5-6 months.

14th - Forli v Pro Patria - 1-1 - A very even game. Both teams probably would have felt they could have won it. They scored just after halftime but Wanduka (50) scored instantly from a free kick. We lost Pano for 5-6 weeks.

21st - Forli v Mantova - 2-0 - Another solid performance. Filippi (36) and Fonte (48) were the scorers. Even with our long injury list we seem to be playing well.

28th - Valee d'Aoste v Forli - 2-2 - We went behind after 20 minutes. Filippi equalised in the 62nd and then Ferri (66) gave us the lead. I always felt they has an equaliser in them and they got one back in the 8oth minute.

Table (33 Matches Played - 1 Game Left)

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Fano[/TD]

[TD]65[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]Alessandrio[/TD]

[TD]65[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]Bassano[/TD]

[TD]55[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]Forli[/TD]

[TD]42[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14

[/TD]

[TD]Bellaria[/TD]

[TD]39[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

League Stats

My Player of the Month: Cachito Wanduka (DC - Ball Playing Defender)

Leading Goalscorer: Mattia Filippi 12

Leading Assists: Daniele Ferri 8

Player of the Match: Mattia Filippi 4

Thoughts

An excellent month for us that ensured afety. I was hoping to get 6 points, so 8 was fantastic.

May 2013

1st: Contract Renewed- I signed on for another year. My salary was increased from £825 to £1400 a week.

12th - Forli v Fano - 0-3 - This was one of those...yeah...whatever FM results. They went down to 10 men after 33 minutes. I sat on control to build up pressure on them and squash their counter play. We missed a few good chances but I stay patient. Then they explode (with 10 men) and score in the 67th, 74th, and 77th minute. My two DCs who have been excellent all year all of a sudden were lost. Okay, they were playing to win the league. I will just move on.

Table (34 Matches Played - End of Season)

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Fano[/TD]

[TD]68[/TD]

[TD]Champions[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]Pro Patria[/TD]

[TD]65[/TD]

[TD]Promoted[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]Renate[/TD]

[TD]64[/TD]

[TD]Promoted via Playoffs[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]Forli[/TD]

[TD]42[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14 [/TD]

[TD]Bellaria[/TD]

[TD]39[/TD]

[TD]Relegated via Playoffs[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD]Vallee d'Aoste[/TD]

[TD]34[/TD]

[TD]Relegated[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]17[/TD]

[TD]Casale[/TD]

[TD]23[/TD]

[TD]Relegated[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]18[/TD]

[TD]Milazzo[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]Relegated[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Final League Stats

Best Performer: 1.Cachito Wanduka 2.Emanuele Fonte

Leading Goalscorer: 1.Mattia Filippi 12 2.Daniele Ferri 11

Leading Assists: 1.Daniele Ferri 8 2.Mattia Filippi 7

Player of the Match: 1.Mattia Filippi 4 2.Daniele Ferri, Emanuele Fonte 3

Thoughts

Not a bad season. It was very inconsistent. We will lose a lot of loan players and with our finances next season may be tougher than this one was.

Italy Summary

Serie A: Champions - Juventus

Serie B: Champions - Ternana

Serie C1/A: Champions - Lecce

Serie C1/B: Champions - Benevento

Serie C2/A: Champions - Fano

Serie CS/B: Champions - Aprilia

Italian Cup: Juventus 1 - ACF Fiorentina 0

Italian Super Cup: Napoli 3 - Juventus 1

Italian C1 Super Cup: Lecce 3 - Benevento 2 (Over 2 legs)

Italian Serie C Cup: Cremonese 5 - Mantova 3 (Over 2 legs)

Italian C2 Super Cup: Fano 4 - Aprilia 3 (Over 2 legs)

Rest of the Game World - Highest League Champions

England - Manchester City

France - Olympique Lyonnais

Germany - FC Bayern

Spain - Real Madrid

Off-Season

June 23rd: Sponsorship Deals - Forli have announced a total amount of £334k in new sponsorship money.

June 23rd: Initial Budgets - The board have set an initial wage budget of £16.25k and a transfer budget of £0.

June 25th: Losses Announced - Forli have announced losses of £875,000 for the last financial year.

June 30th: Fans Player of the Year - Cachito Wanduka has been voted Forli's player of the years by fans.

June 30th: Season Expectations - The board has asked me to avoid relegation. I believe I can do that.

June 30th: Team of the Year - Click Here

Club Manged: Forli

Nation: Italy

League: Serie C2/A

Season 2013/2014

August 2013

The board have given me a little less of a wage budget but have also lowered expectations. I watched Juventus play a couple of games near the end of last season and I decided to replicate thier 3-5-2 formation. I am dealing with a very small squad now as I attempt stay within budget.

Current Squad: Click Here

Cup Results

Forli v Savona: 2-0 - Using control I was happy with how we did exactly that. Enukidze scored both goals or us.

Giacomense v Forli: 3-1 - We were tied up at the half but let them overrun us a bit in the second. I never looked comfortable on the ball and gave it away too much,

We have managed to qualify for the next round. Unsure of how this season will pan out for us!

September 2013

1st - Forli v Bassano - 1-2 - We scored in the 11th minute through Sabato. Unfortunately, we conceded right at half time. Then they scored again in the 70th minute. I feel like we have problem when the other team steps it up as we have given away a lead a couple of times now.

8th - Giacomense v Forli - 4-1 - The new formation has not started well. We seem to play around the pitch okay, but it appears we do not have the quality up front. Paci got our only goal in the 67th minute. At the moment I will keep tinkering with though.

15th - Forli v Cosenza - 3-1 - An important win for us. A spent quite a bit of time tinkering with sliders trying to get the vision of what I what to see on the pitch out of my brain and onto the field. We did very well. We got our three goals after falling behind to an early penalty. An own goal (26) got us level and then Rodriguez scored a brace (35&73). Too early to get excited but I hope we will keep improving.

22nd - Castiglione v Forli - 1-0 - A very even game but they took their chance halfway through the first. I think I am going to have to find a creative midfielder as we are really struggling to create good chances.

29th - Forli v Catanzaro - 1-2 - There is no justice. We played well and Rodriguez (38) gave us the lead. We then missed a couple of great chances before they got a pinball goal in the 63rd. We pushed on for a win and conceded when they broke away from another of our poor corner kicks. The last two results feel undeserved.

Table

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Catanzaro[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]Mantova[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]Rimini[/TD]

[TD]10[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]Forli[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15[/TD]

[TD]Savona[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Leading Goalscorer: Alejandro Rodriguez 3

Leading Assists: Alejandro Rodriguez, Daniele Mordini 2

Player of the Match: 4 players

Thoughts

Okay. Our performances have not been bad. The 4-1 result was our only shocker. We have had the player of the match in two of the losses. I will stick with the 5-3-2 for another month.

Transfer Roundup: Click Here

October 2013

2nd - Serie C Cup 1st Round - Forli v Frosinone - 2(p)-2 - I actually went to 4-4-2 for this cup game to see how we looked and we played well against C1 opponents. I thought we had been ripped off again when they scored a freak goal in the 88th minute but Daoud (91) forced the game into overtime. We then took the lead in the 101st minute through Paci. They again got lucky this time with a Di Pinto own goal and we went to penalties. The boys held thier nerve 4-3.

6th - Monza v Forli - 4-0 - Screw you Monza. We started 4-4-2 due to tired players and switched to 5-3-2 at the half. We were trounced. They got two penalties and generally we had to sit back and suck it in. Whenever we tried to be more aggressive they scored.. It is looking pretty bleak right now.

13th - Forli v Como - 1-0 - Phew. I tried to focus on making the 5-3-2 tighter and it was indeed a tense tight game. Rodriguez got us the lead in the 71st minute but then Mordinin was sent off. Thankfully, shortly after Como went down to ten men and I spent the last 5 minutes chewing nails until we got the result.

16th - Serie C Cup 2nd Round - L'Aquila v Forli - 2-1 - I didn't mess around with this game. I selected the players who had made the least starts and told them to relax. We still played pretty well defensively and got a nice bonus when young Amadori scored a debut goal (40).

20th - Torres v Forli - 0-4 - Okay. Don't get too excited. Torres have 0 points and have now conceded 30 goals. Still an away win is something to be happy about. Rodriquez scored a couple with Moulet getting also getting one. The other goal come as an own goal.

27th - Mantova v Forli - 1-1 - We were underdogs but in the end we should have won. After Rodriguez opened the scoring (10) they replied to keep the game tense. They made their three substitutions and then had two injuries meaning the last 10 minutes saw them play with 9 men. We went to overload, hit the bar twice, missed a simple chance, and had a penalty appeal turned down. Beside all that, I would have taken 1-1 at the start of the game.

Table (After 9 games)

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Catanzaro[/TD]

[TD]19

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]Bassano

[/TD]

[TD]18

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]Mantova

[/TD]

[TD]16

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]12

[/TD]

[TD]Forli[/TD]

[TD]10

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]Lecco

[/TD]

[TD]8

[/TD]

[TD]Relegation Playoffs

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Leading Goalscorer: Alejandro Rodriguez 7

Leading Assists: Alejandro Rodriguez, Daniele Mordini 3

Player of the Match: Cachito Wanduka 4

Thoughts

A couple of wins and a draw means this month has been a lot better for us. I think we are starting to get the hang of the system (fingers crossed). Wanduka has been a man mountain at the back. I think I am in love.

November 2013

3rd - Forli v Foggia - 6-0 - Again a smashing result against a newly promoted team. Rodriguez' goal gave us a 1-0 lead at the hald. The second half was fantastic to watch. Rodriguez got his second, Wanduka got one, and Enukidze scored a hat-trick. The team seems to be starting to work together and we are playing reasonably close to the vision I have.

10th - Venezia v Forli - 1-0 - Again we didn't show up to play. We can sit back all day, but when we go forward we rely on indvidual sparks. When they don't spark, we just flop around.

17th - Forli v Real Spal - 3-0 - We can flick on the switch at home though and an excellent perfomance against Spal (made famous by drbenjyfm) keeps us ahead of the relegation zone. Daoud scored in the 10th and 52nd minutes. Mordini added a 3rd on 66 minutes. Young Amadori pleased me by picking up 2 assists.

24th - Alessandria v Forli - 3-1 - I will be writing to the FA asking for all our matches to be played at home. It wasn't a great game to watch and it was two defensive errors that caused a 1-1 scoreline at the half. They were better than us in the second as the scoreboard showed.

Table (After 13 games)

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Aleesandria[/TD]

[TD]25[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]Catanzaro[/TD]

[TD]25[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]Venezia[/TD]

[TD]23[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]Forli[/TD]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]Savona[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Leading Goalscorer: Alejandro Rodriguez 9

Leading Assists: Alejandro Rodriguez 5

Player of the Match: Cachito Wanduka 4

Thoughts

You don't have to be a genius to see we need to improve away from home if we want to stay up. Still at least we have shown at home we can play good football. I hope it will come together next month.

December 2013

1st: Wage Budget Reduced - Chairman Romano Conficconi regrets to announce that due to a deterioration in the club's financial position, the wage budget has been reduced from 16.2k to 13.49k per week. This announcement has me questioning my future here. We were just over budget before and with a small squad already this will make life difficult.

3rd - Forli v Lecco - 1-0 - I switched to a 3-1-4-2 formation to try and be more offensive. It was a match we could have won 3 or 4 nil but it took a 90th minute goal from Rodriquz to give us the 3 points.

9th - Santacangelo v Forli - 0-2 - Went back to the 3-5-2 and focused on being more control/defensive. Turned out well with two second half goals. They did miss a penalty in the 44th minute which was fortunate for us. Enukidze (46) scored a lovely 25 yard effort and Wanduka powered home a header in the 84th minute. Need these points because I will have to get rid of some players in January.

15th - Forli v Rimini - 0-2 - A poor performance. I faffed around a bit with the tactic and riled up the opposition manager which probaly all helped to screw up our chances of a decent performance.

24th - Savona v Forli - 1-0 - One of those where we looked better in the game, better in the stats, but worse on the scoreboard. Move on I say.

Table (After 17 games)

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Real Spal

[/TD]

[TD]32

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]Alessandria

[/TD]

[TD]31

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]Mantova

[/TD]

[TD]28

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]13

[/TD]

[TD]Forli[/TD]

[TD]22

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]Savona[/TD]

[TD]18

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Leading Goalscorer: Alejandro Rodriguez 10

Leading Assists: Alejandro Rodriguez 6

Player of the Match: Cachito Wanduka 6

Thoughts

After the first couple of games, we were knocking on the door of the top 6. Now we are knocking on the door on the bottom 5. Unfortunately we are super broke. This transfer window will see me try to get the wage budget down around the new target set, but it will be very difficult to do so. I may think about job hunting soon.

January 2014

5th - Bassano v Forli - 1-0 - We went down to 10 men after 30 minutes when DiPinto was sent off. I have a reason to get rid of him now. They then got a corner when we were down to 9 men as Wanduka was being tretaed on the sidelines and they scored. The rest of the game was rubbish to watch.

12th - Resignation - I decided to end my reign at Tulio Morgagni. I had no luck unloading the highest earning players and the club just looks set to implode. I thought about finishing off the season, but decided to just let it blow itself up.

Maybe more importantly, I really enjoyed myself. It was a fun short save that made me remember what I enjoyed about FM. I think I will set up FM14 and start a new career to pester everybody with :)

Archived