My thoughts on FM (classic)

This might be a long thread but I just wanted to give my thoughts on Football manager in light of the latest news about FM Classic on Ipad

I have been playing Championship manager which then became football manager since early 1992. I believe i played the first ever game and ive had every yearly version since to this present day.

As recent years have come and as I get older and start a family I found that I dont have the time for football manager full game anymore. But then 3 or so years ago out comes FM for the ipad and its perfect.

I find I can play the game on my ipad at work in quiet times or on breaks or on long journeys. It works really well. I dont get bogged down with training etc and i can just

1) buy and sell players

2) pick my team

3) pick my tactics

3) pick my set peace takers

and bang - im away. I love it. Its perfect. Gone are the days where i have the time to spend 3 weeks on one season.

Ive also spoke to allot of my friends who used to play football manager and we all feel the same. Because of games like fifa (and its seasons mode) the market for a long long game of Football manager on PC is gone for most people.

Wheras it seems now days that football manager is perfect for tablets. Its the reason I bought a brand new Ipad when my last one broke as I love the ease of which it works so well and quickly on the ipad. I can do a whole season in 1 day - a long day mind.

SO onto my current point!

I must have done about 10 seasons on 4/5 different occassions on the latest football manager. Aswell as the customary "start again 100 times"

Im a little dissapointed to here that football manager classic is coming out in April and it raises me a few questions and points...

1) £14.99 for a game that is coming out with 6 games to go of the season, who is the market? The only market for people buyers is football manager fans and every single one of us will have football manager handheld already! This new "classic" wont attract one NEW fan it will only be for fans who will already have the fm handheld. So is it fair to charge us £14.99 for an "upgrade to a game we already have"

2) FM handheld is perfect for tablet as it strips away the stuff that 90% of people dont have time for anymore, so why bring out a game that basically goes again what everyone loves about the fm handheld

3) The timing - if this game had come in august and there was 2 versions available - a stripped one we are used to or the long version the pc users are used to then you are giving customers a choice of which one they want. To bring this out now stinks of greed. As i said - it wont attact one customer who doesnt already own handheld

4) What are we getting for this £14.99? are we getting a new database, Are we getting different ratings? is this game to work alongtime our current game?

I just think this has been handled wrong with the timing of this. Of course the obvious answer is "no one is forcing me to buy it" but as a fan of the series and a supported of the franchise - i want to make sure i have the best gaming experience - and if there is something new here or something to improve my game then i want it - but £14.99 stinks of greed !

Ive got allot more on this to say but im sure ive bored enough of you by now!

I am not a native English speaker so pardon any upcoming mistakes.

1. I didn't purchase FM15 for PC and neither the Handheld version, I am, however, a guy who did buy all previous versions. I am the market and I am really looking forwars for this Classic one.

2. As far as I know Handheld seems to be missing a great amount of vital options which are present on PC. Although I agree with the point that those who already posses Handheld could be surprised with a discount

3. Check no. 1

4. Not arguing, still waiting for a review that would otuline how the New Classic is different from PC

My first post here, hi.

Croldin.

Ok im surprised there is someone who doesn't have either pc/mac or handheld version yet is wanting this? What would make you after 90% of the season gone now you decide you want a game?

The handheld version is stripped down which makes it perfect for ipad as that's what the ipad is all about - quick pick up and play gaming. I think its why the handheld versions have been such a success

I agree about discount. Very very harsh for people to pay for this version now when already own the current handheld version and pc version

FMH is a very different beast to FMC, and they shouldn't be used as reference points to each other. I play FMC on my Mac, have tried FMH on my tablet and found it too limited.

FMC on Tablet will bridge that gap for me, so in my view it has a very clear target audience - people who want a more in-depth experience on the move. You shouldn't assume that just because you like FMH that others don't want more. You have a choice whether or not to buy FMC Tablet, all SI are doing is giving us more options, which is hardly a bad thing.

With regard to timing, it is likely to just be a development thing. They will have focused on the main game for the release in Q4 last year, and then will have been able to port some resource over to focus on this development. It isn't a greed thing at all - the return in terms of pence per hour is very good, and you aren't obliged to buy it.

For £14.99 you are getting a full version of FMC that works on a technically compatible tablet. There won't be a new database or anything like that, but it is still a good price for a good product. Timing of the release isn't important as it is tied to the development constraints of resource, but the fact is that even if it succeeds and FMC Tablet 2016 is released somehow in line with Mac / PC and Linux, you still have 6 months on the latest version of FMC tablet.

EDIT - It is probably more appropriate to post in the main thread regarding the new tablet game:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/424513-Football-Manager-Classic-2015-is-coming-to-high-end-tablets

EDIT 2 - Where you have already posted the same post.

Archived