This is not the type of affiliate club that I wanted.

Ok, so here's the thing: I play with Eintracht Frankfurt and I have a lot of south american youngsters on my team. I would like to have a spanish feeder club to loan players to, because a) I'd like them to be EU-nationals and they can become spanish citizens in just 2 years and b) I'm the spanish national coach and I want to make them available for the future Spain squad. So I asked my board for an affiliate club, they rejected my request at first, but after some begging, they gave in and let me pick one (I pick Gijon in Liga Adelante). Two weeks later they confirm the link, but it's not "An international partnership in which players are loaned", which I was asking for, but instead it's "The senior affiliate has first option on the affiliate club's players" (which I consider Gijon useless for, btw).

This is the second time they let me propose a club for affiliation, the other time (it was Fluminense back then) I also picked something else (forgot which option it was) but it's the same kind of affiliation as with Gijon. Am I doing something wrong here? How do I get a fedder club in another country that I can loan players to (I already have one in Germany)? Or is this a bug? And because I, of course, do not have a save from before I asked the board for an affiliate, now I have to wait forever until they let me pick another one, if ever...

Can somebody help me and tell me what I did wrong?

Archived