A few questions....

1. I was promoted from Conference to L2 and went from struggling for cash to being given approx £2m. to spend on players. Next year I go into L1 and given £2m again, next year I go into Championship but only £100k to spend. Any ideas what determines how much the board is willing to give going into a season?

2. Does getting to say third round of FA Cup with a lowly team and playing against the likes of Chelsea/Man U/etc bank the club any extra cash (and if so does it make a difference if game is home/away), or is extra cash only generated if you beat them as a giant killer?

3. Does winning a cup game do more for collective player morale than winning a regular game or do all games carry the same morale impact?

4. Cash banking, does it work on FM2015? One tactic I know worked on a previous FM was that if you had cash over at end of season, your new cash for next season would not be added on top. I always found you could effectively bank the cash by upping your wage budget to the max. When next season begins you can take your wage budget back down to release the cash you banked.

5. When a club is reported to be in financial difficulty, what does this actually mean in the game? Does it mean the club can go bankrupt or is it a hint tp say that all their players are available at cut prices?

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
1. I was promoted from Conference to L2 and went from struggling for cash to being given approx £2m. to spend on players. Next year I go into L1 and given £2m again, next year I go into Championship but only £100k to spend. Any ideas what determines how much the board is willing to give going into a season?

A lot of factors go into determining the transfer budget, the two the main ones are expected gates/returns and also whether you are over the available wage budget.

2. Does getting to say third round of FA Cup with a lowly team and playing against the likes of Chelsea/Man U/etc bank the club any extra cash (and if so does it make a difference if game is home/away), or is extra cash only generated if you beat them as a giant killer?

Yes as a smaller club you can get extra cash from big FA Cup matches - however if you are a big club yourself this money is already considered to be factored into your existing budget (so you won't see any difference).

3. Does winning a cup game do more for collective player morale than winning a regular game or do all games carry the same morale impact?

The impact on morale depends on the importance of the match - so a friendly has a less impact than a league game etc.

4. Cash banking, does it work on FM2015? One tactic I know worked on a previous FM was that if you had cash over at end of season, your new cash for next season would not be added on top. I always found you could effectively bank the cash by upping your wage budget to the max. When next season begins you can take your wage budget back down to release the cash you banked.

Yes but only within limits, the board won't let you build up a hoard of 1bn in transfer funds for instance ;)

5. When a club is reported to be in financial difficulty, what does this actually mean in the game? Does it mean the club can go bankrupt or is it a hint tp say that all their players are available at cut prices?

It restricts their budgets and makes players unsettled (ie. more likely to leave) ... actual bankruptcies don't occur in the game.

Archived