Player won't enter new contract negotiations because fans don't like him

Hi,

I have a 19yo CM in my team, a wonderkid and regular first team player. On his coach report it says on the "Cons"-side: "The fans' contempt towards this player would have to be taken into account". Now, in the January transfer window of the 2015/16 season, I tried offering him a new contract, since his current contract is running out 2017. But he wont enter contract negotiations and his agent is telling me the player "doesn't believe the fans have a good opinion of him and is not prepared to try and change their minds at this stage."

Now, is there any way for me to change their (or his) mind(s), or do I have to sell the player as long as I can make a profit because he won't by any chance sign a new deal? I would really like to keep this boy, he's going places...

Thanks for your help.

P.S.: Oh, and I'm new here. Hi everyone!

I would HOPE that if SI puts "fan contempt" into the game as a negotiating difficulty, that continued good performances by the player might bring them around...surely....because I know that if you sell him, the rest of the squad will mutiny and the board will sack you.

Oh, and welcome.

Archived