Somewhat positive purchase story

Season 4 first transfer window, I think, Managing Spurs.

I notice Dortmund has this Word Class Defender, worth around 40M € and he has a 25,5M min fee. I swoop in, get the bid with no competition. Dancing around as I wait for him to arrive and the inbox item arrive...

Board canceled transfair, he had a 4-5 week injury and failed medical.

Oh my god.

I desperately advance time, hoping he gets ready before the end of the window... Inbox item, Dortmund is offering him a new contract... Something they can do even if he is injured, I try to declare interest to make him delay signing a new contract, but no luck.

New Inbox item... Who cares... Life sucks... Wait a moment... WTH!

Naymar is transfair listed for 66M € (200M or something min bit clause)

PSG and Chelsea is bidding... I sold Mr. Norwegian Wonderkid to Barcelona for around 40M earlier in the season, so I barely have 66M in this seasons budget, hit the PURCHASE PURCHASE PURCHASE button and after a few days, they accept it.

Now I'm not really great with contract negotiations, so I forget, I'm not going to get him for 66, he is going to want a huge sign on fee and his agent insane amount of millions, but I have some room in the wage budget and adjust it down to leave some room for Naymar's 350K/week demand...

End up with 8M left in the bank as he asked for 15M signing fee and 10M agent fee.

Turns out I was lucky, not buying that defender.

Now the real reason I posted, during my "desperate" attempts at finding a reason to get him to sign, I was trying to find a way to get my Brazilian striker to endorse the move to us, as I didn't have much hope of beating Chelsea/PSG, I couldn't figure out how to trigger that thing, but I did ask Gabriel for what player to sign and he suggested Naymar and as luck would have it, I ended up doing that, making Gab super happy, so he was going to help Mr. Jr. integrate into the team quicker. First match and AssMan report that Naymar has almost the minimum integration issues. He scored a goal (Penalty, something that was a bit of a weak point on my team.) and I ended up drawing an away game 2-2 with Man Utd. (Team was playing like chickens with their head cut off, they were way too fired up or something, so that was a lucky draw.)

Archived