15.2 - players still refuse offers because of salary?

Hi,

In FM14 I had this problem, but it is back in full force in FM15.

Whenever I let go some highly-paid but not-so-great players, they stay free agents forever because they refuse all decent offers.

In FM14, it was Carrick.

In FM15, it is Anderson. I let him go, and he got offer from West Bromwich in Premier League, and he refused (because of salary). So he has no job and zero salary, very much not like in real time. For sure, he will never get a better offer, and he is getting worse every day he is without a club.

To me, this is a clear bug.

I understand that it would be realistic if bad youngsters that I let go stay free agents forever. But if players get offers from EPL, they shouldn't refuse.

Yeah i have had players jack it in and call it a day at 30, because of ridiculous wage demands. People say run more countries so you have more clubs but i am already running England, Scotland, Wales, ROI, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland all the major clubs with the money are from those countries. I have a long standing game on FM14 where Gary Cahill jacked it in at 30 because Chelsea released him and i tried to sign him for Norwich (who by then under my guidance had become i mid-top level prem club with a decent wage and transfer budget) he wanted £105,000 plus add ons and i was like come on! Put him on scout and shortlist but after multiple attempts to sign him at a lower wage (which i would only go down to £90,00 per weeK) i got a newsfeed saying he had retired due to larger clubs not being interested in him.

Archived