How to change rule so I can sign a home based player when contract enters bosman rule

Roy Race 9

As title says I have activated bosman rules for EPL/England so in theory I should be able to offer a contract to a player from another English club once it enters the last 6 months, but it isn't happening any ideas please:thup:

don't know how I posted here please can this be moved to editors forum:o

cheers

Oh, i misunderstood your issue. Here is the explanation:

Bosman rules in England state that you cannot sign a player leaving on a bosman rule in those within 6 months. You can only sign a player on a bosman from another league. in FM14, Rooney chose to leave united on a Bosman but I couldn't sign him for another english club. However for any other foreign club can sign him. It's just how the bosman rule works. Hated it but used the in-game editor to free player from current contract by terminating it then signed them on a free. It's more realistic than moving them to your club using in-game editor. The bosman rule allows player freedom of movement but also protects the club from direct competition for the player from teams in same league. It's the way it's supposed to be, legally speaking.

Now if a player was leaving an english team (without a bosman) because their contract expires in 6 months, then you can sign them in january and they will arrive in the summer. But a Bosman technically means the player has over a year left on contract. based on my experience FM15 and FM14 made it possible for some players to leave on a bosman even though their contracts run out in less than a year. Weird but the goal of this was so their club stops offering them contracts.

Yeah completely I missed what you meant altogether. The issue is the transfer rule for offering pre-contracts. if you are using a edited database, go to nation rules and look under "transfer rules". See "Number of days before contract expires for pre-contracts" and most leagues have 183 or 185 days which is 6 months. few other have it at 90 days. England has 365 days. in reality you can still agree with a player to move to your club, but it's illegal to poach a player in England before contract runs out. which is silly. In any other league you can. If you already made it 183 days then I am out of ideas.

• 1 month later...

Archived