FM 2006 help! :D (Yes really, 2006!)

Hi

I've been playing FM 2006 on and off since it hit the shelves, the trouble is with the progress in computer tech, my new laptop has no CD Rom and I can't play it. Is there anyway I can somehow run this game on a virtual disk or from USB?

Please mods, this is not an attempt at piracy, I've bought this game 5 times and lets be honest, why would anyone (apart from me) still be playing FM 2006 or be trying to pirate it!

I'd love it if someone from Sega could help, as I've found countless rubbish online that meant you could run a "NOCD Patch" do it pre 6.0.3 update, but no longer, so there must be some way.

Yours hopefully! Thanks. :D

2 points

You would be much better to try and borrow an external DVD drive to install the game

FM 2006 will not have been tested on whichever OS your new laptop has, so it may take some trial and error to get it running. Try compatibility mode when launching the game

Thanks, I do have one, but aside from ruining the mobility of the computing experience, the copy protection refuses recognise the CD in my CD ROM. (I run an old version of windows in a virtual machine just for FM, so I guess it has something to do with this.)

I realise this is again encroaching into the territory normally occupied by pirates, but is their no patch available within the company to simply enable me to do away with the CD rom entirely? Please?! After all there was for 6, 6.0.1 and 6.0.2.1

Archived