Ideas to improve the game

Hey, I am new here and I don't know if a thread like this already exists, if so I apologize and will go post there then. The idea is to give the developers some simple ideas on how to get the best game in the world even better. Nothing about bugs or some minor issues that can be fixed quickly, this thread is more about simple improvement that would make the game better. I am playing year 2041 in FM14 and got some thoughts myself. (I am getting FM15 myself this Christmas so sorry if it is already outdated)

1- Creating specific role for Goalkeepers in the team

Something like First GK, Second GK, Third GK. In real life the second GK of a club knows he is only the second GK so he does not request to play a lot. In FM, my second GK plays a few matches in a year if the first GK is not injured but that is never enough and eventually he always requests transfer. I think something like that would be realistic and pretty easy and obviously you can change orders of your goalkeepers at any time with maybe a personal discussion so everyone knows what role to play in the club.

2- Add some randomness on the long term

In real life clubs can be bought or sold independently from their results. I have already seen in the game changing presidents or things like that but it did not change a lot the club gestion. And if you start with a small club you can only be rich little by little, on the opposite a rich club with bad results will only be poor in many years of time. In real life for example, Paris has had a lot of money suddenly, and Monaco just lost their money all of a sudden too.

We could imagine some major changes on the long term in the game like a club bought by a Qatar emissary or abrupt bankrupt of a rich club. (not necessarily the club we are playing) I know it may be frustrating but who knows what football will look like in 2050 ? And as the game allows us to play this far I think it would be realistic.

3- Adapting rivality with years

On the same idea the relation between clubs does never evolve in the game. I explain myself, I am in 2041 with Paris (yeah I know...) and a game against Marseille is always a big deal for media and former players whereas I'm playing a top european club and Marseille has become a fairly average club in French premierleague. On the opposite I have always been fighting with Monaco for first place for about 20 years now and nothing happen when I play against them.

I know some derbys will always be derbys and nothing has to change about that. But we could create some rivality based on results from the past 10/15 years, and we would feel the game evolving during the play in a realistic way.

Just a few ideas that have crossed my mind. (sorry for my English)

Welcome!

Point 1 I agree with, but I think this could go a step further. A new feature this year is being able to talk to a player who has no interest in joining. Though I think the agent/player would always want a discussion even if interested. Clarification of a players role in the team is pretty one-dimensional at the moment. A backup player, as you mention a backup goalkeeper, is entirely different from a backup centre half. An agent would want clarity on what role their client would have in the team. However, as we see this year with the player interactions, it is not an easy task to implement. I think there should be more than an end of season team meeting. A manager should have a one-to-one review after and before a season. Setting goal targets, clarifying amount of game time expected etc. This would go a long way to getting rid of the player x complaining about lack of first team football etc. If they are set to backup then they are backup.

Point 2 is difficult. There has to be a point where the game has to remain a game. Obviously there are 'real names' involved. So if Roman left Chelsea and screwed the club over in the game this would potentially be a legal issue? It's a bit like failing drug tests. In reality, players fail drug tests, get involved in match corruption and miss drug tests. However, for the game to do this would be impossible. Take the Herrera situation at the moment. Imagine a news item a long the lines of "Herrera summoned to match fixing tribunal." Even in the year 2050 imagine an item, 'Sheikh Mansour bails on City, debt crisis ensues" even if it may well happen in real life one day, the game can't predict or assume these things.

Point 3 completely agree with. Local rivalries exist de facto, but title rivalries can be increased. United and Chelsea for example weren't rivals per say until Chelsea started competing for titles.

That's interesting, I only thought about goalkeepers for point 1 because they are always complaining but we could totally imagine what you are saying. One-to-one talk with every players would be fastidious but I guess we could select based on past season for ending-season talks : disappointing, not enough goals, impressive, great replacement for injured player etc; and season to come for before-season talks : goals objective for titulary striker, backup goalkeeper, will play against lower teams, etc.

I think point 3 is good and is not very difficult to set : you keep for life legendary derbies (inter-ac milan, PSG-OM, etc) and you add rivalries based on past years (10-15-20 ?) in national championships : if you start in the second division and win promotion then progressively get to play European places and title for years and years, you should be added to favorites and play derbies with "original" favorites; and in European competitions : if you lose in 1/2 finals of the champions league against a team and get to play next year against the same team in one of the final round medias should talk about it because that's what happen in real life right ?

Yes point 2 is a bit complicated to set up I am only dreaming to see in 2050 somethings like : "Hull City bought by a Qatar emissary" and then seeing them buy stars etc.

Thanks for your point of view.

Archived