FM14: Utilising pacy advanced forward as a lone forward

I've just been very jammily promoted back to the Premiership with what I'd call as classic Advanced Forward (Attack) as my only striker of any quality (see here, can't figure out how to embed it). I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 with him as the lone striker but I'm worried that with the step up he'll be up against quicker, better organised and positionally more astute defenders in the Prem and won't have the same joy playing off the last man and getting in behind that he's had in the Championship - I can see him becoming isolated and not being able to hold the ball up until support arrives which will be important if we're not seeing a lot of the ball.

He could probably play as a DF but I feel that would negate his attacking qualities to an extent. I'm currently inclind to play him as a DLP (A) with a dribble more instruction - he's currently learning the dribble through the centre PPM. Alternatively I've thought of playing him as a Trequarista?

Wider tactical set up here

Advice much appreciated.

If you've just been promoted, you'll have a window where most sides play a higher line and try to dominate you, so the AF should be fine until you build up a better reputation.

As far as your tactic is concerned, you need a defend duty MC or you're going to struggle, especially with aggressive DLR roles.

Archived