Annagh United - The Long Journey

Savagenchez

Hey guys! I'm posting this update a little bit later than I probably should have because I already have two episodes of this series up. As you can probably tell by that sentence, this career update will be done through video updates.

Background information:

Annagh United are a club that are in the third tier of Northern Irish football. It's a really low starting point, but it's a lot more interesting than your usual conference-level English save; at least in my opinion anyway. Annagh United were randomly seeded good training/youth facilities for this save and this will be very useful if we can produce good talents and nurture them. The aim will be to eventually win the Champions League with a primarily British/Northern Irish squad.

Here are the links to videos 1 and 2:

Episode 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg98ViIYLm0

Episode 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq0DzFwezV0

I hope you enjoy them, I will also be posting short updates underneath the video link that you can read afterwards. This will include anything that I've either missed out in the video or any questions that you guys have previously posted. For the first two videos, there will just be a simple, very brief overview of what's happened and my aims for next time. Make sure you watch the videos before you read the updates or of course there will be spoilers!

Overview:

It's been a pretty good start to our journey at Annagh United! An incredibly lethal striking partnership of Scott McCordick and Shea Campbell has seen us completely blow away almost every single opposition that we've come up against. With the support of Paul Stretton on the left side giving us a lot of width and room for our central midfielders to perform, we've completely passed any expectations that I had at the start of the season. I'm aiming to quite comfortably win the league and I'm certain that we can do it. The main feature of our matches is that there has been an average of 7 goals per match. Pretty unreal, so I'm hoping that we can easily break the 100-goal threshold and win the title! Despite lots of optimism, we have a huge downfall and that's our finances. If they continue to deteriorate like they are now then we're going to need a very good youth intake to steady the boat.

I hope you guys enjoyed the two episodes and brief overview, I'm aiming to get another episode up tomorrow. If you have any questions or want to see any screenshots, let me know and I will post them for you!

Episode 3 is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4kux5WDI0k

This episode is just a brief rundown of what went on over the course of the season, as soon as we get in to the premier division then the updates will be in a lot more detail.

Overview:

We won the league! Despite some annoying transfers, Scott McCordick and Shea Campbell comfortably fired us to a title win. Other players worth a mention are definitely Scott Herron, James Peden and Andy Uprichard. Our finances have (sort of) sorted themselves out and things are on the up for Annagh United as we've been handed a much larger wage budget, hopefully we can convince players like McCordick to stay and possibly even attract him a better strike partner. Hopefully we can also eventually get ourselves the next level of coaching badge as our training stars are pretty terrible right now! I can't help but feel that the beta is responsible for our 201 goals within 28 matches, but I'm hoping the tactic is just good regardless! ;)

I hope you guys enjoyed the episode and brief overview. If you have any questions or want to see any screenshots, then let me know and I will post them for you!

Episode 4 is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fjuMLKjafM

This episode is just a really short update summing up our pre-season and a few other things so there isn't really much for me to post an overview about, so I'll do that for next episode!

I hope you guys enjoyed the episode. If you have any questions or want to see any screenshots, then let me know and I will post them for you!

Episode 5 is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fryebObiVe8

Overview:

In this episode we take a quick look at how we're doing in the 2nd tier of Northern Ireland after our fantastic promotion last season. The squad has changed around a lot, with almost an entire new first team defence joining the club. Some unfortunate events such as McCordick's broken ankle have really hit us hard. However, other players such as Shea Campbell have secured that we are top of the league after 13 matches! Half-way in to the season now and it's looking like we're full of confidence after some fantastic results against Glenavon (5-6) and P.S.N.I (8-2) in the cups, hopefully we can get a good run going!

A couple of our youth prospects are also starting to show their ability, with some progression coming slowly but surely. Injuries have certainly hampered us so far, but it's going incredibly well and long may it continue!

I hope you guys enjoyed the episode and brief overview. If you have any questions or want to see any screenshots, then let me know and I will post them for you!

I've been enjoying it so far (though as I'm following these careers on here this is where I'm commenting as opposed to youtube). Must admit having 3 automatic relegation spots with just 14 teams looked scary but that's hardly a worry right now. Interesting how you talked about a good start slipping away because of all those goals conceded even though you were still very much winning.

Archived