South American journeyman

Colorado

CHRISTMAS IN COLOMBIA...

OgCuY5X.png

I always enjoy reading journeyman career updates on here and love South American football, so I’m going to combine the two for a journeyman career off my own and see where this Latin American adventure takes me!

I’m starting off with my past experience set as Automatic, my nationality Welsh, as in real life and my favourite club Internacional (Brazil) and running all leagues from Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, United States and Uruguay with a large database and I've also downloaded the pr0 transfer update and a couple of media editor files which I’ve created.

I guess my aim here is to start off wherever I can and make it to a top-flight domestic league and hopefully move on around the biggest clubs in the continent, helping launch the careers of some star players and ultimately winning the European Cup equivalent - the Copa Libertadores and the Club World Cup, which in real life is a highly sought after trophy in South American football.

Please note, that I do progress quite slowly but I hope you’ll stick with me.

The game starts in Colombia, December 2013 where I see in the New Year before waiting to see what opportunities arise...

WAITING FOR MY CHANCE...

lECFHw8.png

As head into mid-February, it looks increasingly likely that there will be some managerial developments on the horizon.

I submitted my first application to Atl. Tucaman, a club in the lower reaches (18/22) of the Argentine second division who under growing threat of being one of the four relegated teams.

Two others sides, Uruguayan second division strugglers Tacuarembo and Chilean second division mid-tabler's Copiapo are also expected to make imminent changes to their management staff if reports are to be believed.

A clutch of other clubs, mainly from Argentina and Mexico, could also be set to wield the axe.

THE ADVENTURE BEGINS...

QO6Urfn.png

7kirDdS.jpg

After weeks of patiently waiting, my first interview with a South American club proves successful as I am offered a one-year contract with Chilean club A.C. Barnechea.

Barnechea, based in the Santiago municipality, parted ways with former coach Hugo Vilches after a poor run of form left the club bottom of the 14-team Clausura championship in the Chilean second tier after nine games left the side winless with just three points. However a decent Apertura tournament saw El Barne finish 7th, leaving them eight points above the league's sole relegation spot, which is currently occupied by Curico Unido.

There 10 games of the Chilean season left in which to ensure the club starve off the threat of relegation - my career begins!

Q2tQhve.png

Archived