Serious Problems

I have been playing tihs game ever since it came out and i keep running into the same problems i never ran into in 12 or 13:

-players selfishly dribbling with the ball in the box only to horribly miss or instead of giving an easy pass to a striker in front of goal, they try to score with the sidebar in their face, as if they can bend it 90 degrees into the net, it's unrealistic and it's really annoying

-strikers being inept and always aiming for the keeper not for an exposed part of the net

-midfielders being generally useless and always getting under 7.00 ratings

-full backs being bad

It's beginning to drive me insane, does anyone know the solutions to these problems

This is my team and the tactics i use

http://i.imgur.com/JfV4z3F.jpg

Your players are making poor decisions because they're playing a high tempo, very technical game against what I would assume are very defensive opponents focused on denying them time and space in the final third. Your striker is receiving the ball under extreme pressure, and your IFs are likely running into multiple defenders with minimal support in the area. With all the TIs you have applied combined with the lack of width from either the wide forwards or fullbacks, your tactic is like trying to hammer a loaf of bread into a keyhole.

Some very basic tips:

Use a support duty for your lone ST

Give more aggressive roles to your fullbacks with at least one on an attack duty

Have one of your MCs either set on an attack duty or as a box-to-box midfielder to provide runs from midfield

Give one of your wide forwards an attack duty

Consider using a more patient mentality and less TIs until you're 100% sure how they're interacting with one another

I would also suggest reading wwfan's Twelve Step Guide (stickied at the top of this forum) and llama3's Pairs & Combinations (also stickied).

Regarding tactical instructions:

When having a more attacking mentality you are already asking your players to:

play more wide

play faster

push higher up

play more direct

So when you also have drop deeper as a TI that makes a big gap between defence and midfield.

You want to play wide it seems but you're not utilizing that width having your full backs stay at home all the time (stick to positions). Have your right FB on attack and your left on support.

You are deploying a ball winning midfielder (def). With your stick to positions he will at times be very alone chasing the ball (he's a bwm) making lots of space for the opposition. I would make him a central midfielder (sup) instead (leaves less room in central because not chasing the ball as much) and make your deep-lying playmaker (def).

As The Hand of God says you need an extra player to arrive late in the area. I'd make your advanced playmaker attacking instead of support and keep your advanced forward.

You might also want to consider clear ball to flanks as imo that is better used in a flat 4 midfield.

I'd also consider the roles of your central defenders

Archived