Media predictions/post match media often wrong.

Recently I miraciously qualified for Champions League with Rapid Wien. I met Bayern Munich AWAY and lost 2-0. Clearly an expected result, I had no chance what so ever. (I tried to go back and take a screenshot, but the postmatch-media thing is not be found) After the match, a comment is shown from a newspaper - it was announced that they expected ME to win and certainly did not expect Bayern to win... - you know the classic drill which is shown quite often. (too often)

I love the realism of football manager. I go far to maintain the realism. I hope SI will adress some of the media predictions and postmatch comments so they reflect the real situations.

I cannot be the only one who often experience these things?

I recall this being an issue almost from all of FMs history.

It is not a major thing, but it would be nice if it was adressed to FM15 :)

I see it all the time. I was playing at home against Spurs in the CL semi final with Valencia. I was ranked number 1 in Europe on the rankings and won 2 out of the last 3 Champions leagues, including being the current holders. We also had no injuries and a fresh squad.

Apparently my fans were "pessimistic" and when we won 4-0 the post match said they didn't expect us to win and the fans would be happy with the result.

Erm. Ok.

Yes, the media stuff is often off in all sorts of places. My preseason odds were evens to win the league one season. I kept getting messages all season about a recent run of good form had us at the top of the table, but we weren't expected to seriously contend for the title.

However, rather than seeing it as a serious flaw, you could just chalk it up to they are sports journalists. By nature they are prone to lunacy and idiocy. Or more charitably, you could just see it as the game representing that different commentators have different opinions. Some of them just take extremely outrageous positions to stir things up. Perhaps, the journalist who thought you should beat Bayern is the Skip Bayless of European football?

Archived