US Stadiums - all seater BUT reduced capacity

Hi all,

Sorry did some searching but couldn't find an answer.....

So 3 US/Canadian teams, Seatle, New England Rev and Vancouver have big stadiums, all seaters but with reduced capacities for normal games.

Exactly how does this play out? How can you free up more space in the stadium? I.e if you made them a huge global force etc.

I know they also don't own the stadium, but I think with Seatle and New England you could buy them at somepoint, would that then allow you to 'expand' into this unused space?

Would really appreciate any replies.

Thanks

Wait... NE Revolution doesn't own its own stadium in FM14? AFAIK both the Revs and Patriots use Gillette Stadium, and Robert Kraft owns both teams? Furthermore Gillette Stadium has been used for internationals (like this) where attendance is ~64,000.

Weird.

Maybe its the only way FM can handle primarily American football stadiums like that one, where the Patriots are the primary "tenant" and would likely determine expansion plans and such before the Revs do? But still, you'd think if the team got huge they'd remove the cap/tarp and let the Revs fill it up too.

Hi all,

Sorry did some searching but couldn't find an answer.....

So 3 US/Canadian teams, Seatle, New England Rev and Vancouver have big stadiums, all seaters but with reduced capacities for normal games.

Exactly how does this play out? How can you free up more space in the stadium? I.e if you made them a huge global force etc.

I know they also don't own the stadium, but I think with Seatle and New England you could buy them at somepoint, would that then allow you to 'expand' into this unused space?

Would really appreciate any replies.

Thanks

If you have a save that's run for a few seasons I'd try checking the US National Team for past matches played in New England to see what the attendance figures were and for the name of the stadium. If it was called Gillette Stadium and the attendance was higher than 23,000 then expansion should just be a matter of opening up more seats because the higher capacity is already programmed into the game.

I think you'll have to edit it if you can. I've been checking during my latest save and the USMNT always has attendance of only 20,000 when it plays at Gillette Stadium and the Revs are shown as paying rent at Gillette, which is technically correct even though the owner also owns the company that owns the stadium, so it looks like you either have to edit or treat it like a 20,000 seat stadium and expand the normal way.

If this actually becomes an issue in your save could you update the thread? I've never played an MLS save where the stadium capacity became an issue.

Archived