Demo to full version. Steam download.

Hi, I have just recently bought the game from a shop online. But It is written that the version is old in it. So you will have to download the full game from steam again. The reason I bought from this site is that it was very cheap. The disc will reach me in 2 days. As I have a slow connection here in India, So I was asking if I start downloading the demo on steam today, it will be downloaded within 10 hours from now. Till then dvd will reach me. So will the demo version become full version with the key in dvd. Or I will have still download the full game? If yes, I will stop downloading the demo now or if the demo download will become the full version then I will continue downloading the demo. My aim is just to save the 10 hours of wait after the dvd arives, if I have nothing downloaded. Please help me.

Thanks

Yes, stop the download as the demo is a different app to the full game.

The disk contains a great deal of the game and once that has installed Steam will automatically update to the latest version, that's a sizeable download but much less than the whole game.

Archived