Toulon Tournament invites.

Does anyone know what determines which U20 teams are invited to the Toulon Tournament, (or the French Youth Invitational as it is known in FM)?

Senior and Junior rankings are amalgamated in FM, (that needs to change), so it can't be based on rankings, so what determines who gets invited?

I've seen the website, (and read the translations), and I've checked the all-knowing Wiki, but there doesn't seem to be anything explaining how teams are selected.

Any ideas?

[Edit]

The reason I ask is because San Marino don't even have an U20 squad so is it even possible for us to be invited?

It's the same for the U23 Squads that are used for the Olympics. We don't physically have a squad. Is it possible that we can ever gain entrance to the Olympics? Europe uses the EURO U21 Championships as qualification for the Olympics, so I am hopeful that if we wer to come 1st-3rd in that then we would be invited.

It's the same for this Toulon Tournament, but i just don't know what the criteria is.

Albania. Do.

Andorra. Don't.

Armenia. Don't.

Austria. Do.

Azerbaijan. Don't.

Belarus. Don't.

Belgium. Do.

Boz & Herz. Do.

Bulgaria. Do.

Croatia. Do.

Cyprus. Don't.

You get my drift.

[Edit2]

Ok, so Israel have been invited to the 2033 tournament. It's the 1st time that they have been invited in my game. They have not had a single U20 fixture before now.

If I look at their Senior squad performances... they haven't qualified for anything in ages so that can't be it.

If I look at their recent U21 performances... they have never qualified for anything ever so that can't be it.

If I look at their recent U19 performances... they have never qualified for anything ever so that can't be it.

So what did they do to get invited?

[Edit3]

They are ranked 49th in the World, (so that can't be it).

Archived