dynamic player potential, the way forward?

This is my honest suggestion for FM 14, to help improve realism and solve many issues with the game at present.

I would love to see form play a more important role in the game & see it worked into the CA/PA system and therefore make it continually dynamic. As form changes over seasons and careers, it could affect a players importance to club, interest from other clubs and help tone down the effect of morale at present. Here is what I see it changing:-

1) player form having influence on pa would allow late bloomers to develop on fm. Many players come out of non leagues or lower league in their mid 20's or later and flourish. Means a player like rickie lambert who is ingood form consistently can reach his percieved max and still develop. As his PA when he was at bristol rovers in game, would never have allowed to play in a top premier league club, let alone for england at the world cup aged 32.

2) the AI manager would be affected by form like IRL. Therefore, players who go through extremely hot streaks can become highly sought after and surge in value. This would help the transfer system no end & ensure transfer deadline day is exciting and realistic in game.

3) it can solve my unrealistic pet hate in FM. When the January patch comes out, some players attributes increase by 3 or 4 points, to match their ability during the first half of the season. However, this is impossible to reproduce on the default database with peak age players. This is simply due to static PA and no impact of form on a players ability. So when Sturridge and Suarez score 15 goals each in the first half of the season, we have to wait for the January patch to come out for their finishing to sharply increase as it cannot be replicated in game. If a player scores 30 in a season in game their key stats can change more dramatically with form, as would happen IRL.

4) Older players would not decline quite so sharply in game with form impacting. As if a player who is 35 plays 30 games in a season with a good form, their stamina would not significantly drop due to the form impact.

5) players who have played well for years would not rot as free agents due to their CA and reputation.

This is just a basic outline of how I would love to see the game work. I understand it would be very very difficult to introduce. I just feel it would add significant realism to an already great game by combining the long term impact of SI's current system with the short term impact that form has IRL. Before defenders get ony my case I'm still enjoying the present game and am not complaining. It's just a huge suggestion I felt was worthy of writing.

You need to keep in mind that potential ability is hidden for a reason. If you use any tools to read out a players PA you are essentially breaking the game for yourself. Most issues people have with static potential ability comes from knowing what a players potential ability, such as "Player x reaches his potential at age 25. Why can't he be a late bloomer on an even higher level?". If you didn't know that he had reached his potential ability he COULD have been a late bloomer (but ended up not being one).

Most of the points you raise are related to other systems than static CA/PA. 1 and 4 relates to the rate of growth / decline of players. 2 is already in place as a part of perceived potential ability (..I believe). 5 is most likely an issue because of high reputation leading to unrealistic wage requirements

Archived