Ola Toivonen help needed please

I have signed Ola Toivonen from psv, I had big hopes for him but he isn't scoring he has 1 in 8. I play as west ham and play 4-1-2-2-1. I play attacking football but he isn't playing well, played him as advanced forward and poacher but nowt. Has anybody got any ideas on how or what I can do for him to start scoring? Cheers

This is a tactical question and you haven't given much information. I'd suggest posting in the Tactics Forum with a screenshot or explanation of your tactic. What roles etc. They'd be able to advise you from there.

The main problem, is that a striker's role in a 4-1-2-2-1 is as a striker who holds up the ball and playing others in. That would equate to a support duty, not a poacher or advanced forward. You can make an advanced forward work, but it'll be very difficult. A poacher is a bad idea as a lone forward, generally. Especially with no support.

In your current formation as a AF/A or P/A, he's going to be very isolated, which is more than likely the reason for him not scoring. Play him on the wing as an IF/A or change your formation. Consider a 4-2-3-1 maybe?

As I said, consider asking advice in the Tactics forum.

Archived