Haverfordwest County A.F.C.

Vipertitan

download_zps3b908289.jpg

After my latest fail on my pc due to crash dumps and not a nuff memory i decided to go back to my laptop as i have 6 gb memory and dull core processors in there so game should runn a lot faster and should not crash. i decided to go back to Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™ and start a save in wales.

History of the Club

Haverfordwest Football Club was formed in 1899, and was quickly renamed Haverfordwest Town in 1901. In 1936, the name of Haverfordwest Athletic was adopted and the first team switched to the Welsh Football League, leaving a reserve side in the Pembrokeshire League. In 1956 they gained promotion to the Welsh League Premier Division, having won the First Division title. The present name of Haverfordwest County was adopted and the club embarked on a long stay in the top flight. Disaster struck in 1975–76 when the club won only four league matches and was relegated to the First Division. Promotion eluded them until 1980 and they went on to take the championship in their first season back, losing only five games.In 1983 the Welsh League was reorganised to create a form of "premiership" for the leading clubs and Haverfordwest's facilities, administration and playing record secured their admittance. In the nine years of existence of this National Division, Haverfordwest were out of the top six only once, but their way to the title was blocked by the powerful Barry Town side. Their opportunity to take the championship came in 1990, once Barry had decided to move to English non-league football. Haverfordwest County were founder members of the League of Wales in 1992–93 but their stay was brief. Having accepted an offer which involved the redevelopment of their Bridge Meadow ground, and unable to find a suitable alternative ground of League of Wales standard, they resigned from the League in 1994. The decision to take a long-term view was fully vindicated by their return to the League of Wales three years later. The league has since changed its name to the Welsh Premier League. In 2004 Haverfordwest County qualified for Europe via league position in the League of Wales and played in the UEFA cup losing over two legs 4-1 to Fimleikafelag Hafnarfjardar of Iceland.

Game Setup

Wales only loaded with top players from Africa Europe North America South America And Asia and Oceania

Club History- They seam to have a bit decent history can i add to there profile.

General Info- not much to say about this to be honest a part from our rivals are Carmarthen, Aberystwyth and Port Talbot so i will be looking to beat these in my save.

Finances - I wont'e be blowing wages just yet as need find right players on free transfers.

Squad - predicted to finish in eleventh place going to be struggle to try get right balance.

Facilities - with fairly basic facilities i will be asking board to improve them at some point in the save.

Manager Profile- I'm also going to be attempting to bring my own style of formation a 4 5 1 attacking for home games and 4 4 2 for away games and 4 3 2 1 for cups i think.

My Aims

My Aim is to stick around at this club for as long as possible and achieve as much as I possibly can. I'll be looking to complete my seasons quickly too and try make this game stick and hopefully not crash and make it enjoyably for you guys to.

Haverfordwest County - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2014/15

This was my first season in charge so first thing was to get the right staff in as we had no staff and then try find right players threw the scouting system.

League Table

Past Positions- we were not expected to finish were we did my main aim was Avoiding relegation and not trying push for top half table.

Welsh Cup - A game i thought we should of won but never.

League Cup- poor result for us first time around from me hope do better.

Transfers - Did not really have much to spend so bought lot players on free transfers.

Finances- they looking ok at the minute but known my luck that will change.

Squad - it took a while for players to get used to my formation but they did ok.

Key Player Profiles:

Mark Jones - He was top scorer this season with 21 games and 8 goals and two assists.

Sam Roden- Probably the best defender at the club had decent year.

Bari Morgan -Getting on bit but still good player.

Josh Doyle - it took him bit long to get used to way i wanted him to play.

Career Overview

Season   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  6th       

Next Season

I think next season is just going to be a case of trying to see what the youth team is like and see if any of them can step up.

Solid season there, hopefully with the right signings you can push on to challenge for the title!
thanks and not had best starts to season played all pree season and did not go as well as i thought and lost first game of the season

Haverfordwest County - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2015/16

So after avoiding relegation last season i was wanting to build on that this season.

League Table

Past Positions- we started off really bad but i changed my tactics and players seamed to like this formation im use.

Welsh Cup - played most the kids in this game and they did well but could of done lot better.

League Cup- poor result for us first time around from me hope do better.

Transfers - let lot of the players go as they were un happy and wanted first team football but they were not good for first team.

Squad - it was a bit poor but managed to bring in some decent players in January transfer window to help the squad.

Finances- they looking lot better than last season budget im not planing on blowing budget this season as want try get more money bought in.

Key Player Profiles:

Thomas Gregg Phillips - He was one players i bought in in January did well

Mark Jones- Top scorer again good player.

Asa Hamilton -Solid season from him was class.

Jack Britton - he was probably my best midfielder.

Career Overview

2014/15  6th       
2015/16  7th

Next Season

The only sensible aim for next season to try manage the squad a bit better with morale and squad rotating .

Haverfordwest County - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2016/17

After avoiding relegation was looking forward to this season challenge.

League Table

Past Positions- we were crowned League winners this year after tipped to fight for relegation battle at the start off the season no one was expecting us to do this.

Welsh Cup -decided to play my better players and we went all the way and won the competition.

League Cup- after last season exploits i wanted to do well was not expecting to go to final and win.

Transfers - did not spend any-money really bought my players on free transfers i only bought one player in.

Squad - not changing squad every game helped i think was really good show from the players this season.

Finances- they looking bad at min but our cup run money should help improve that once we get it.

Key Player Profiles:

Mark Jones - He was my top scorer this season was joy to watch.

Robert Berry -Solid season from him was class in the middle of the park.

Tom Jones - he was probably my best defender had good season.

Simon Roberts - he was used for the cup games and scored few goals.

Career Overview

2014/15  6th        
2015/16  7th         
2016/17 1st      Champions, Welsh Cup winners, League Cup Winners.   

Next Season

The only sensible aim for next season try challenge for League again and do well in the cup games.

• 2 weeks later...

Haverfordwest County - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2017/18

So after wining the league last time around i wanted to try defend our crown.

League Table

Past Positions- we poor all season goalkeeper was really rubbish this year i changed it around as back up goalkeeper was moaning about not getting nuff first team football.

Welsh Cup -decided to try new formation for this and did ok but could done better got beat by TNS 4- 1.

League Cup-played the reserve players and kids to give them chance to see how they did.

Champions League- after qualifying for it after wining league was hope to go on bit run but we did not get past the qualifying rounds.

Transfers -spent bit money on few players this season to try and bluster the squad .

Squad - change the squad a bit this season wish i had not.

Finances- they were better this season as was allowed to buy players unlike few season back.

Key Player Profiles:

Mark Jones - He had few injuries this season but still looked class.

Robert Berry -Solid season from him he should be nominated for player of season for me.

Ian Manship - he still only 18 years old but looks really good.

Kerry Nicholas - he wanted first team football so give to him now i know why he my back up goalkeeper.

Career Overview

2014/15  6th        
2015/16  7th         
2017/18  6th 

Next Season

to try learn from mistakes from this season and try push for Europe again.

Haverfordwest County - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2018/19

After last season disappointing show i wanted to try different approach to how i play the game this year and seamed to pay off

League Table

Past Positions- we started of in poor form but managed to turn our form around to win the League for second time in our history.

Welsh Cup - we got to the final got beat 3 1 by TNS this year.

League Cup-played the first team players in this season campaign and proved to be difference we went on to win the competition beating Bangor City 2-0 in the final.

Transfers -spent most the pre season trying get rid of the deadwood did not bring any major signings into the squad.

Squad - bought some the kids into the first team and they were really good.

Finances- they are sort of in the red at minute as i asked board to upgrade the youth academy

Key Player Profiles:

Mark Jones - He was brilliant this season yet again top scorer.

Jeff Davies -Solid player bought up from the under 18 squad had good season.

Kerry Nicholas -he was my first choice goalkeeper had better season this year.

Asa Hamilton - a player that frustrated me this season was good in some games then others was poor.

Career Overview

2014/15  6th        
2015/16  7th         
2017/18  6th
2018/19 1st     Champions, League Cup Winners.

Next Season

with a chance of a Europe this year try and enjoy our adventure into Europe and try be bit more consistency in the League.

• 2 weeks later...

Haverfordwest County - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2019/20

After wining the championship again last season set about to try defend our title this season.

League Table

Past Positions- we started really good this year for a change and kept it going onto win the league again.

Uefa Champions League - we were poor again this season.

Welsh Cup - we did not do well in this beat in first game.

League Cup-played well in this years competition went on to wining it again.

Transfers - in the process of rebuilding the squad.

Squad - trying to get the right balance and formation for squad getting rid the deadwood too.

Finances- after trying to reduce wages and wining the league again hopefully board will pump more money into the club next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Jeff Davies - He was brilliant this season shame to lose him next season as he wont sign a new deal.

Mark Jones -Solid season second top scorer behind Davies

Kerry Nicholas -he was my first choice goalkeeper again had much better season this season.

Jack Britton - a player that frustrated me this season was good in some games then others was poor.

Career Overview

2014/15  6th        
2015/16  7th         
2017/18  6th
2018/19 1st     Champions, League Cup Winners.
2019/20 1st     Champions, League Cup Winners.

Next Season

Try get rid of the deadwood and replace with better players.

Archived