How can I turn off Scouting Updates?

8 Seasons in, worked my way up up from the Skrill North to the Premiership, so now I can afford to have lots of scouts and work on getting a really nice worldwide scouting knowledge! I want to get that percentage up, every 1% feels like great progress when it starts to get high. But it's starting to become a nuisance and really disrupts the flow of gameplay;

I get on average 2-3 Scouting Updates every game day, constantly interrupting getting from one game to the next. It's just too annoying to have to sit at stare at my computer, pressing space again and again as the game pauses to tell me that my scouts haven't found anyone new, found another ******* I obviously wouldn't be interested in, or telling me about the same guy again and again for the whole year.

I just want to turn these off, let my scouts go away silently and do their thing, I'll check the reports when it suits me, don't shove them down my throat a few times a day. I don't want to turn it off in my filter, as I like to scout players and don't want to miss those messages that I actually want. The option in Staff Responsibilities makes me choose either my Chief Scout or Director of Football, rather than none, for these scouting updates. None of the options in Subscriptions seems to turn off these updates either.

Is there any way to turn these off? I suspect I'm noobing and missing something obvious x_x!

I searched for the answer before posting this and was only able to find an unanswered 3 year old post:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/250929-Should-be-able-to-turn-off-scouting-updates-in-inbox.

Thanks, Chris.

+1 to this - Been contemplating to make a similar post.

It is very annoying to get the same report with the same 3 players every other day. Like you I like to also scout alot of single players and obviously I want those reports (thats why I asked for them).

To me it would be ideal to get a scout report from the chief scout on a specified interval (maybe with some exceptions if you are looking for a specific position) and then a link to the scouts overview screen where I can explore further.

By the time I get to the top divisions and solidly in place, I generally find I sign more players from the agent updates than from my own scouts, which is sort of disappointing given the number of scouts in the field. But it keeps them busy and gainfully employed, so I just blip over most of them.

So last night I had another flip through everything to see if I had missed anything obvious to fix this issue and couldn't find anything. Even tested out the News Filter check box settings with Scouting, risking losing ALL my scouting news to just get rid of these damn constant updates, but alas, the filter didn't even work, and rechecks all the boxes after I continue the game, and in come flooding all the updates yet again.

I found another post (A few months old) about this issue after some more searching here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/371730-FM14-A-game-full-of-STUPID-reports-from-scouts...

So even more people are having issues with the scouting update, and yet again like the other thread in my first post, no answer or solution to the problem has been given :'<

Archived