I messed up my player contracts... advice needed

I started playing with Salamanca AC, which are, apparently, a brand new team and didnt even have enough players. I think they had 6 real players, 3 of them were keepers. All of them had contracts expiring in 2015 and there was just enough wage budget left to sign 2 or 3 new ones.

I sold one keeper, got rid of another, signed a few free transfers and remained just inside the wage budget. Come January, we were doing good and Deportivo signed our best player. It was good for me because that would allow me to sign 3 good players at the expense of a great one. I adjusted the wage budget using the transfer budget i had available after selling that guy.

During the negotiations no players wanted a contract that extended beyond 2015... I signed them, expecting to renew later.

After signing these 3 players i was still just inside my wage budget. Later during that first season the board offered me a new contract and i requested a slight increase in wage budget. They agreed and i signed the contract.

During the second pre-season they cut my wage budget which meant now i was spending 15k euros/month above the budget. At the end of the season all my players (except the youth intake ones) have their contracts expiring and i'm not able to offer them any wage (the only option i'm given is 0 (zero)). This is true even for players who are requesting a lower wage than what they're currently earning. I cant even offer them a lower wage because i'm so far above my budget...

The only solution i see is to sell or release players during the January window but i'm not sure if anyone will buy them, knowing they can just offer them a contract at the end of the season. I cant release them because i dont have the funds.

Am i stuck here or is there something i can do? Any ideas?? Thanks!

I have similar in my MK Dons save.. The club is in high dept and pays of very much each month. I've managed to get two players by selling one, and getting one on a loan deal (four loans in total), but now at the january window I'm down to 0 in balance and can't offer any new contracts and can't bid for other players..

It's hard with lower league teams to manage the budget but all you can do is suck it up.. I will probably loose six players and must hope for little money next season and try to replace them..! =)

My advice is to loan some players next season (whole season or six months recomended), so the season after or in the january window you can get new ones or atleast bid on players that have expiring contracts..

Good luck! It's hard but fun =)

Archived