keeper diving for blocked freekicks

kinda would prefer that as it is more realistic....can dive once he knows its gonna go past wall... this would normally be as ball is kicked unless view is blocked (where keepers wouldn't dive until they see it anyway).... tis where you have commentators saying the keeper saw it late! (sometimes where they haven't dived for it)

As a former goalkeeper, I'd like to note that it is indeed usually pretty inane for the keeper to be diving before the ball is past the wall. Moving across goal pre-dive, sure, but unless it's into the top corner on the side the goalie is covering... shouldn't happen very often. Occasionally, sure - everyone makes mistakes (I did once witness a goalkeeper dive out of the way of the ball in real life in a game in a park... on a back pass... most hilarious goalkeeping error I ever saw - and it wasn't on purpose, he thought the defender was going to slice the backpass and dived to cover where he thought the ball was going to be, but it didn't turn out that way).

But I've also never seen it (the freekick thing) happen in-game. Might just be that your goalie sucks. :p

Archived