Camera-man/Photographer in FM2013 and FM2014

Sorry for creating a new thread as my previous attempt at posting this issue went unanswered in FM2014 Pre-Release Beta - Official Feedback Thread (please refer to post #1039, #1104 and #1661).

I'm waiting for FM2014 to be released in my country as ordering online will cost a bomb for me. As such, i'm wetting my appetite for FM2014 by watching 3d animation videos of the game on youtube. To say the truth, i'm highy impressed by the 3d animation and started placing order for the game and i've just purchased a new laptop to play FM2014.

I was happy to note that the camera-man/photographer was missing in the Pre-Beta #FM14 Match Engine Footage. This, it seems, more realistic as camera-man/photographer should be placed behind the ads board and should not be seen and be obviously seen. Besides that, SI seems to keep up to what they've promise as I've recalled some time back that the mistake was acknowledged in FM2013 and will be corrected in the current FM.

However, i come to realise that on most of the video posted on youtube, the camera-man/photographer is placed in front of the ads board. An example will be

. I'd also realised that there are some video which doesn't show any camera-man/photographer. An example will be this video:

As i find that the photographer positioning very annoying, i tried to experiment with my FM2013 by removing the photographer folder from my FM2013 folder in.../data/sigfx/props/photographer. However, my FM2013 would not start the 3d match view.

As such, i'd like to know of 2 things:

1. will the photographer/camera-man be properly positioned in FM2014, ie behind the ads board..?

2. if it is positioned in front of the ads board, is there anyway that i can totally remove it..?

I hope that i make veryone clear of what i meant. My serious apology if i don't and please let me know if i can make it any clearer.

Thank you.

If you've seen videos, then it means the photographers are as they are in those vids. Personally I've not paid attention to their placement so I can't tell you myself.

It may be that the poster of the other video plays with a lower graphical quality and thus doesn't see photographers, or that he's at a lower level of football which has less of them around.

The first one may answer your second question, you may be able to lower the graphical quality of the game to remove them if they really bother you that much...

Archived