Nation Creation Issues

Matt_Ray

I'm in the process of creating a league for the recently-risen Atlantis (in-game I mean, natch ;) ) and all is going well except for a handful of issues...

1) There doesn't appear to be a regen date for Atlantean players: at no point in the season am I getting a notice about a new intake of youth players for my club, and I'm not seeing any other clubs getting regens, either.

2) How do I make league winners/runners-up etc. eligible for continental competition?

3) I've created a DB of about 200 or so players, just to populate the game with "Atlantean" names so that I can then it to create players and staff for all playable sides. However, the created staff and players are all of very low quality, despite the reputation of the league and nation being comparable to the EPL or Serie A. How can I set the game to create higher quality newgens when it loads?

4) The national team has no fixtures, and after playing through a full season it still has none.

"Atlantis" was made using Kiribati as a base, due to its total lack of extant players, etc., and then moved to South Europe (though it still remains in Oceania; I cannot change this, and suspect this might be causing some issues). They've been set to be full FIFA members and also members of the EU. Their FIFA ranking points and EURO coefficients have all been left at 0; could that be a cause of some of the problems?

Any suggestions or advice would be gratefully received! :)

Since managed to fix these issues, so I'm posting the solutions here for anyone else who runs into the same problems...

1) This seemed to fix itself after the other problems were sorted out, giving a regen date of 8th March

2) Fixed by changing the Euro coefficients value (in the nation information page) for 2011/12 to "1.000"

3) Fixed by assigning youth facility/coaching values to all teams; regens are now of a standard expected from the facilities therein

4) This required editing one of the game's .xml files. Found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2013 Editor\data\format\database, the file is called "nation.xml". In the following section:

<!-- Continent -->

<record>

<flags id="field" value="Ncti"/>

<string id="name" value="Continent"/>

<flags id="type" value="database_record_unique_id"/>

<flags id="database_table_type" value="continent"/>

<boolean id="is_client_field" value="true"/>

<boolean id="is_read_only" value="true"/>

<boolean id="is_optional" value="true"/>

The read-only value needs to be changed to "false". Then, after restarting the editor, you can change the continent a nation is assigned to. The game will then automatically draw your nation in the correct continental qualifiers and assign friendlies.

• 3 weeks later...
I just want to say thank you for posting your fixes :)

I had experienced no. 2 myself (teams not qualifying for Europe) and couldn't figure out what was going on, so this has helped immensely!

Glad to have been able to help :D

Following on from my original post, does anyone know how (assuming it's possible) I can set the editor to enable creation of new currencies, and creation of new local regions? Having created my new nation, it's slightly annoying that I can't add regions within that country. Additionally, is there any way of changing a nation's population?

how did you even create a new nation. i want a new nation with no national fixtures ever or regens?

please reply

You can't make one from scratch, you have to edit an existing nation. Kiribati is a popular one to use, as it's not a full FIFA member and so editing it seems to have zero side-effects.

Not sure how I managed to not have any regens to start with, but to avoid having any fixtures assign the nation's local region as being in a separate continent to the continent it's based in. So, with Kiribati when I converted them to Atlantis, I had their local region as South Europe, while their continent was still set as Oceania (until I fixed it).

Kiribati is a popular one to use, as it's not a full FIFA member and so editing it seems to have zero side-effects.

CIS is another, for us editors it has the downside of it having a previous high world ranking but I have been using it for years with no issues. It is also an extinct nation so would not be removing a current one. Europe can handle an additional nation too!

I have videos in the Regional Database thread

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/323591-FM13-Regional-Databases-Thread?highlight=regional+database+thread

Archived