question regarding ppm's

I have a small question regarding teaching ppm's (apologies if it's been adressed elsewhere already)

When trying to teach someone a ppm (not through tutoring) are there certain aspects that determine the success rate? For instance the abilities of your coaching staff? Personality/abilities/age of the player?

I'm just wondering because I've just tried teaching a 16yo from my youth ranks 2 ppm's but failed on both occasions. I tried teaching him to cut inside & make forward runs

In addition: does the same principle apply for un-learning a ppm? I have a young regen striker Nathan that tries looking for passes rather than attemping a shot, which i consider a bad ppm for a lone striker (correct me if i'm wrong) but I was unsuccesful at trying to unlearn it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The player will have to have the right attributes to be able to do what you are asking him to learn. There is a guide somewhere online that says each attribute that is required to be high to learn a ppm. Cant remember the site but im sure a google search will find it.

Archived