FM13 is hard but it's not the difficulty that bothers me

Hi everyone.

Like most people here, I'm finding FM13 quite hard as well but that is the beauty of it I guess. I won't complain because it's too hard ... after all, I don't expect to take over at Liverpool and sit on top of the Premiership come December. Far from it.

What bothers me though is the fact that almost each match doesn't reflect the dominance of the team. Again, I don't expect that because I dominate a game I must win it - far from it. It happens IRL too ... teams dominate games and they end up losing. But ... and it's a big BUT .... IRL doesn't happen for every match like in FM13.

Let me explain further. I manage Liverpool and am now in December 2012. At first I struggled, obviously. But after a few months I can see that the team has gelled, my tactics have improved, the general play has improved .... basically I can see the team settled and playing quite well. Each match I win the possession battle and in certain cases with 60+% and in each match I create a lot of chances and many shots on target. However, funnily enough, I either lose by the odd goal against lower teams, or scrape a win at the end ... and yes, I'm going to say it - generally because of Super Keepers. It's unbelievable how good Keepers in England are in FM13 ... beyond belief! And this happens very very frequently. And in my opinion this is far from reality! Like I said before, there are times when teams dominate but don't win .... but the majority of the games are won by the dominating team IRL and that's a fact.

If I'm losing all the battles during the match, i.e. possession, chances etc... then I will be the first to admit that either my team is poor or my tactics are bad or that I'm a very bad manager! However, that is not the case. I almost dominate each and every game (and I play Balanced / Counter please note, so I'm not ultra-attacking) and the results over a period of 4 months do not reflect my domination and more importantly, the improvement of my team / tactics. And that's why I'm writing this post now and not a few weeks into a new game ... because I wanted to see whether the team improves with the tactic I set-up. And it did improve but like I said, it's not reflected in the points / goals in my favour. And this is what frustrates me a lot!

FM12 was difficult as well at first, but once the tactics got into place, the team learned the tactics / movements etc ... then it was a joy to watch. Unfortunately, FM13 is not so joyful. I mean, there will be a game or two where you feel really happy but then disaster will strike out of the blue! I repeat, I'm not saying that I want to win each match ... not at all. I just would like the game to be more closer to reality. I would like to see that my team's performance is reflected in the final result.

So, for me it's not the fact that FM13 is hard that bothers me but the fact that no matter how well your team plays, it seems for nothing in most of the matches.

Does anyone else share my concern?

There are already feedback threads to post this kind of stuff in, you really should use those. Here is the link;

Match Engine Update 13.2.1 - ME 1325 Constructive feedback here please

This forum is for tactical help and for people to share the working of the ME. If you want to provide constructive feedback then that thread is what you need. If you want help with the system you're currently using though then feel free to re-post following the guidelines set out in here and someone will try and assist you;

Asking For Help - PLEASE READ THIS

If I was you I'd re-post though because if you remember last season in real life, Liverpool dominated a lot and I mean a lot of games they played yet the final result didn't reflect that when they either lost or drew.

Re-post though please with some stats from these games you dominate and maybe some PKM's and someone will be able to get you feeling better about the game :)

Archived