Defending Corners

Hi all,

I'm sure most of you will be aware of the corners issue that SI games have admitted to their being problems with. Although there also seems to be a good way of scoring them, with everybody lurking except a guy attacking near post, I seem to have come up with a good solution for defending them. I've played a good 10 games with this technique now (where I would normally concede a fair few corners), and conceded no goals from corners - just a dodgy penalty.

Basically, I have my WINGERS marking the near and far posts, my centre backs marking tall men and EVERYBODY ELSE 'Stay Back'. I don't keep anybody forward because I realised that the AI very rarely scores from rebounds, and by that point, your attacking players have typically pushed out of defence anyway.

The reason for the wingers marking the posts is that it gives your full backs the ability to use their superior marking skills.

I've found that this tactic spreads the players out more and doesn't leave silly gaps between the GK and your defence for them to charge into and exploit. Seems to work a treat.

Give it a go and let me know what you think :)

The problem i've found with having too many people 'marking' instead of 'stay back', is that they don't actually mark them very well. The opponent still seems to get a run on them into the gap between GK and first defence. With stay back, they don't seem to bother marking, it seems more zonal and that seems to work a lot better.

If you go to tactics, and then there should be a set pieces tab in there as well (you have to have a lineup selected), then all the drop-downs should appear like this:

set_pieces.JPG

then just change the drop downs! Sometimes the drop-downs don't appear for some reason, and so ticking the box that says 'Aim At', seems to bring them up if that does happen

Ah, it says "lurk outside the box- swap with XY", but it doesn't actually swap him, they both remain on "lurk". I didn't know that, we'll see if it's better than my current setup where I aim the far post, where my best header is set to "attack far post", while others are on near post to divert the opposition (plus one on "challenge goalkeeper"). That way I've scored a decent amount of goals.

Well this season, with not the best corner takers or defenders to score them, i've scored 21, the most in the league where I finished 12th place.

I tested for a short spell with man city where Kompany has 8 from 13, Savic has 3 from 8 and lescott scored 1 as well. So 12 goals from 10 league games and a couple of CL matches

If you go to tactics, and then there should be a set pieces tab in there as well (you have to have a lineup selected), then all the drop-downs should appear like this:

set_pieces.JPG

then just change the drop downs! Sometimes the drop-downs don't appear for some reason, and so ticking the box that says 'Aim At', seems to bring them up if that does happen

I cant get this to appear for me.

Well this season, with not the best corner takers or defenders to score them, i've scored 21, the most in the league where I finished 12th place.

I tested for a short spell with man city where Kompany has 8 from 13, Savic has 3 from 8 and lescott scored 1 as well. So 12 goals from 10 league games and a couple of CL matches

Does it have to be a defender or would it work with a player like Dzeko?

Does it have to be a defender or would it work with a player like Dzeko?

Dzeko would be fine - absolutely! I chose Kompany basically because I didn't play dzeko, because my formation needed a quick striker. He should score plenty, which might do you favours in raising his morale during matches too to score other goals.

Archived