Panel Advice - Assistant Manager Team Report - Where is this located?

b.paterson

Skinning Board,

The reason for this topic is I'm in the process of creating/modifying the team squad panel similar to Surferosa (TOPIC HERE) however what I'm wanting to create is a team depth chart in which you take the information from the best 11 lineup from the assistant manager team report and attempt to create a sortable table so the entire squad and be rated so if you need to reduce your squad numbers/actual wages you can sort you squad (First Team, Reserves, Youth) as a whole or separately and keep the best 2 or 3 players per position.

My current issue is that I don't know the name of the assistant manager team report panel to see the lines that contain the xml code and once I know where this I will be creating the squad depth analysis report and if I can get this to work I will be happy to supply this for the community to use.

I know how to extract the .fmf files with the Resource Archiver it is the .xml file name and if this is a very large file that coding am I looking for in that panel?

Regards

PS I have suggested to SI the option of having this feature introduced so younger players/inexperienced users can have an easier way you work out who to keep and who to move on from your managing club. For people that want to complain that this is a sort of cheating device, please don't as my aim is to have this section activated once you have an assistant manager at your club and it isn't like you are using a third party device like FMRTE or Genie Scout.

Quick update since posting this topic I have found the panel file that contains the assistant manager team report it is located in the non player team report.xml however the table coding is a little confusing and isn't what I though it was so with is being the case can a panel editing expert assist in advising a way to create a sortable panel that will contain the following information;

Mockup w/ Paint.NET

O7qFD.png

Note: The Positions will hopefully change automatically depending on your chosen tactic and the star rating will be based on what you assistant manager recommends, so if your assistant manager is a obscure manager he might not have the same accuracy as a world class assistant. If you can't have it based on the 11 active positions the all positions will be seen on screen and then you would just look at your actual positions for a rating.

Regards

I'm afraid you haven't been clear at all (at least you managed to confuse me alot! :) ). Try using more punctuation or I don't know what.

Basically what I was after as the image shows was a team report in which the 11 positions in you tactic are sortable and your assistant manager rates the player as if they were to play in that position/role.

Unfortantley what you are trying to do isn't possible.

Michael,

Thanks for confirming that, it is a shame that this isn't possible as mentioned that type of view/report can make the game a little easier the work out who to keep and who is a waist of wages, hopefully for FM12 SI introduce this report or make it possible to implement.

Another question since I can't do what I wish the game already had is there a way to take the information from the positional development so you can list their natural position and their other positions w/ development level (accomplished, competent, indifferent, etc.) and insert these into the panel?

Mockup w/ Paint.NET

Lp7is.png

Lp7is.png

In this case you would consider keeping the best 2 strikers (1 starter & 1 bench/backup) as this is sorted by Level, Rec, Pot A and Pot C.

Regards

Basically what I was after as the image shows was a team report in which the 11 positions in you tactic are sortable and your assistant manager rates the player as if they were to play in that position/role.

Oh, I see... I don't think it's necessary though, especially when you've got the positional filters - Meaning, you probably won't use a striker as a defender, doesn't matter which tactics you use, because basically he is going to suck in that position if he is not accustomed to, right? So there is no real point in this. IF you decide a player can fit into another role (based on his profile of course) you can train him... Using the filters + views (custom or not) you can also decide which player is inadequate to your squad. You remind me a ("lazy") friend of mine who always tries to save/reduce mouse clicks everywhere, even if it's only one click less :D

Oh, I see... I don't think it's necessary though, especially when you've got the positional filters - Meaning, you probably won't use a striker as a defender, doesn't matter which tactics you use, because basically he is going to suck in that position if he is not accustomed to, right? So there is no real point in this. IF you decide a player can fit into another role (based on his profile of course) you can train him... Using the filters + views (custom or not) you can also decide which player is inadequate to your squad. You remind me a ("lazy") friend of mine who always tries to save/reduce mouse clicks everywhere, even if it's only one click less :D

It is under understandable that a striker shouldn't play as sweepers, goalkeepers, etc. however some midfielders do play as attacking and defending midfielders however if their level is ineffectual the abbreviation doesn't show on their profile however it does show when it is filtered, by using the new mockup it just makes it easier to determine who to keep and who to transfer, rather than using the old pen and paper besides the desk.

In regards to lazy, you might be correct if the user has been playing the game since the Championship Manager days however for new users/light users if the learning curve gets to great and they don't want to use 3rd party programs like FMRTE and Genie Scout then they might not play the game as often/purchase the game every calendar year.

Regards

OK man, now that I understand what you meant, you can't convince me it's an improvement and I'm not going to argue about it anymore.

BTW:

1. this friend of mine hates football and never played FM or CM

2. Never mentioned 3rd party program, as I try playing according to LLM rules as much as I can! It's much more fun and realistic

Anyway, good luck with the skin! You are welcome to upload it if and when it's ready!

Cheers mate :)

OK man, now that I understand what you meant, you can't convince me it's an improvement and I'm not going to argue about it anymore.

BTW:

1. this friend of mine hates football and never played FM or CM

2. Never mentioned 3rd party program, as I try playing according to LLM rules as much as I can! It's much more fun and realistic

Anyway, good luck with the skin! You are welcome to upload it if and when it's ready!

Cheers mate :)

Thanks, hopefully MichaelMurryUK can let me know if this is possible, if the 2nd attempt isn't possible then he can advise if there is a way to get something like this to work as this depth/level (whether word or numbers) would be a useful feature.

Regards

That's not possible either - the closest thing you can get is for the ass. managers opinion of the players best position to be shown.

Thanks Michael it is a shame I guess I would have to use a thrid party program like Genie Scout to get this information, hopefully SI takes these suggestions on board and introduce a squad depth feature into FM12.

Regards

Archived