We're Luton Town and we'll never die!

o JaY

images.jpg

FM Version: 11.3 - Edits - Real competition names, and real EPL fixtures.

Database size: Large (Approx 45k player count)

Leagues loaded: 14 from 9 Nations - England (BSN/BSS and above), Belgium, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Portugal, Scotland and Spain. All highest league only.

Why Luton? As a fan of the club I want to take my hometown team back to where the belong (in my opinion anyway) ... The Football League, The Premier League and The Champions League!

Luton Town Club Information

Nation: England

Year Founded: 1885

Chairman Status: Loves the club

Legends: Mick Harford

Icons: Brian Stein,Ricky Hill, David Pleat

Favoured Personnel:Keith Keane, Kevin Nicholls, Steve Foster, George Pilkington

Derbies: M1 Derby (vs Watford)

Fierce Rivals: Watford

Other Rivals: MK Dons, Stevenage, QPR

Squad Personality: Fairly Professional

Captain: George Pilkington

Vice Captain: Keith Keane

League: Blue Square Premier

Media Prediction: 1st

Transfer Budget: £0 Wage Budget: £23,000 p/w (£21,930 p/w in use)

Finances: Okay - £849,433k in the bank

Stadium: Kenilworth Road, 10,300 all-seater

Season Ticket Holders: 4000

Estimated Value: 1.1M

Name:Jordan Saunders

R14Shirt1.png

Favourite club: Luton - Rep: Sunday League footballer

Contract: £625 p/w until June 2012

Squad analysis

1. Mark Tyler - A good 'keeper for this level, probably the best in the division. Should be good for a couple of seasons at least before needing replacing.

2. Dan Gleeson - A versatile defender who looks likely to play a bench role as he can cover a lot of positions but not as good as others.

3. Freddie Murray - 1st choice left back, good at defending and going forward.

4. Keith Keane - Local lad, good versatile player. Will be good for us.

5. Luke Graham - A defender on loan from Kettering. Will wait to see how he performs until I decide whether to try and sign him permanently.

6. George Pilkington - Club captain, good mentals and technicals makes him a 1st choice centre back.

7. Adam Newton - A backup right winger who isn't bad, but will probably leave this club at the end of the season.

8. Amari Morgan-Smith - A pacy forward who can play up top or on the wing. Will be interesting to see how he performs.

9. Matthew Barnes-Homer - A good striker who I'll be looking to for goals this year.

11. Robbie Willmott - Young exciting winger, great prospect.

12. Shane Blackett - A good defender but will play as a backup.

13. Zdenek Kroca - A big Czech who should be tough to beat, will partner Pilkington.

14. Alex Lawless - A good overall midfielder, will add a different edge to the midfield.

15. Jake Howells - Another local lad, an exciting winger who can play at full back or even cover in the middle.

16. Ed Asafu-Adjaye - Yet another local lad who looks good. Will be 1st choice right back ahead of Gleeson.

18. Claude Gnakpa - A pretty beast winger who should outpace and overpower full backs in this league.

19. Danny Crow - A striker with EPL appearances, proven in this league so should provide goals.

21. Charlie Henry - A versatile midfielder who can cover up front. Looks alright, will most likely be on the bench.

23. Jason Walker - Another good striker who should score goals at this level.

25. Godfrey Poku - A young midfielder who should improve over time.

26. Jonathan 'JJ' O'Donnell - A young winger who will probably be restricted to reserve games. Hopefully will improve, could have potential.

28. Adam Watkins - A pacy local lad who likes to attack. Will be involved in the 1st team as well as reserve games.

30. Kevin Pilkington - A former Man Utd player. Despite his age he's still probably one of the better 'keepers in this league, will provide good backup for Tyler.

34. Lloyd Owusu - An experienced striker who looks alright but out for 6/7 months so will have to wait to see how he performs.

Overall thoughts: This is a squad more than capable of winning this division. We have two great 'keeper and a solid defence. Our strike force isn't bad, but with Owusu out for so long, I may look to get a loan signing in. Our midfield is pretty good as well, we only really lack strength in depth on the wing - but it's not that much of a problem. We have players who can play there and are still good for this level, but just not as good as the 1st teamers.

Pre season update

Results

Friendly

Connah's Quay 0 - 7 Luton Town

Scorers: J.Walker, Gnakpa, Lawless, o.g. Morgan-Smith x2, Newton

A dominant performance. We controlled the game, kept the ball well and took our chances. A great team effort!

Friendly

Notts County 0 - 1 Luton Town

Scorers: Poku

We showed we aren't pushovers with a solid display at League 1 Notts County. I introduced a few trialists and we were the better team. No player really excelled but Poku drove in a late winner to get the win we deserved.

Friendly

Luton Town 1 - 0 Blackpool - Overview

Scorers: Blackett

Attendance 2725

Against Premier League opposition I didn't expect an easy game so I played on the counter. We played well, solid defensively and looked good going forward. We went in 0-0 at half time and came out looking to keep it that way. We were the better side once more and you couldn't tell who was the EPL side and who was the Non-League side. It looked like we'd see it out but Shane Blackett headed in from a corner on 82 minutes and we just held out. We rode our luck a bit, they hit the bar, had plenty of chances but either way a great victory!

Friendly

Yeovil 1 - 2 Luton Town

Scorers: o.g., J.Walker

This was definitely the least convincing performance of pre-season. They took the lead through a great strike and we were on the back foot for most of the game. With 10 minutes to go their 'keeper spilt a Howells corner into his own net, and with only stoppage time remaining, a scrappy goal was eventually turned in by Jason Walker. A slow cross taking a deflection to Danny Crow, whose shot was deflected past their 'keeper and leaving Walker an empty net to win the game.

Transfers/Squad news

Ibrahim Sissoko was my 1st signing of the window and will probably play a bench role this season but has potential. Bas Roorda's agent offered him to the club and I took him on trial. He looked very good and better than what we've got but at 37, and with 'keepers good enough already, I decided not to sign him. I signed Euloge Ahodipke to strengthen the wing and he will slot in as the 1st choice right winger. Paul Quasten also joined us, a versatile left sided player. Youngster Luc Matutu will be a backup at left back and this see's Fred Murray getting forced out of the squad, and he's now transfer listed. Javier Martina was on trial but mid way through signed for Charlton, disappointing as I wanted him to stay but I did sign 16 year old Tom Walsh leaving me to transfer list Charlie Henry and Adam Newton, with better options available. Terry Dixon signed to strength our options up front and will push for a starting place. Danny Pilkington has arrived to add to our options, he will probably be restricted to reserve games though after a decent trial.

Gary Thompson, Jean-Phillip Yamfam and Jordan Patrick have been identified as the better players in the youth team.

Overall thoughts

A very good pre-season as we were unbeaten and beat 3 teams who were in higher divisions than us, especially Blackpool! On the transfer front, we have a good, strong squad that should push for promotion but I'm a little bit over the wage budget so I need to get rid of the players on the transfer list but no offers yet. We do have £1.3 million in the bank now though, which is a profit of almost 500k. We start off the season against Bath City, so it's a winnable game - lets hope for a good start! Also Keith Keane has been named Luton Town captain, replacing George Pilkington - who is now vice-captain, so basically a swap.

August + September update

August Results

Blue Square Premier

Luton Town 2 - 0 Bath City

Attendance: 7704

Scorers: Dixon, Ahodipke

A routine victory. The match wasn't that interesting as we got 2 early goals and controlled the game from then on. We had chances to score more but didn't take them but at least we won. A good start to the season.

Blue Square Premier

Mansfield 1 - 0 Luton Town

Scorers: None

We were the better side 1st half, but we went in level. They scored just after the restart and once again it was all us. We just didn't take our chances.

Blue Square Premier

Luton Town 2 - 0 Histon

Attendance: 7536

Scorers: Ahodipke, o.g.

Much like the 1st game of the season, a game we should've won and we did just that. A simple victory with 2 1st half goals sealing it for us.

Blue Square Premier

Barrow 1 - 1 Luton Town

Scorers: G.Pilkington

They scored from just hoofing it early on and played defensive, time wasting for the rest of the game. We got a goal from a corner but couldn't find another. A frustrating game as we still look to find our 1st away win.

Blue Square Premier

Luton Town 3 - 2 Kidderminster

Attendance: 7477

Scorers: G.Pilkington, o.g., Morgan-Smith

We went behind thanks to an own-goal by George Pilkington, but he made up for his mistake by scoring at the right end. An own-goal in our favour saw us take the lead and Amari Morgan-Smith looked to make it safe. They scored late on and we missed the chance to secure the win with Danny Crow missing a penalty and Matthew Barnes-Homer missing the rebound to score their 1st goals of the season. An entertaining match all over.

Blue Square Premier

AFC Wimbledon 1 - 1 Luton Town

Scorers: G.Pilkington

We ended the month still without an away win. It was a boring game until the last 10 minutes when George Pilkington, reacting fastest to a corner, scored the opener. We then went straight to defensive but we were pegged back a minute later, only for the offside flag to be raised. Phew. I thought we could hold on but I was wrong as they managed to equalise with 5 minutes to go. An okay draw against possible play-off rivals.

Overall thoughts

A mixed month; 3 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss. We're definitely looking stronger at home than we are away from home. I hope we can improve next month but we're still in a good position. 7th, out of the play-offs on goal difference and 2 points off top spot.

BSP Table: 1st-20th / 5th-24th

Ed Asafu-Adjaye also came 2nd in the Young Player of the Month award.

September Results

Blue Square Premier

Eastbourne Boro 1 - 0 Luton Town

Yet another crap away day. In all honesty we were poor today, and didn't really deserve anything but we lost due to an own-goal by Zdenek Kroca. The less said about the game, the better. A poor start to the month.

Blue Square Premier

Luton Town 2 - 0 Southport

Attendance: 6923

Scorers: Barnes-Homer x2

At least our home form continues. A change in role saw Matthew Barnes-Homer excel today and he proved his worth to the team with 2 goals and an all round good performance.

Blue Square Premier

Darlington 2 - 2 Luton Town

Scorers: Ahodipke, Blackett

With a change in formation I was looking to get our 1st win on the road. We looked good taking the lead through Ahodipke but the responded straight away. We then got another goal, this time from a set-piece. They clawed back after the break once more and looked happy to settle for a draw and we couldn't break through another time.

Blue Square Premier

Luton Town 0 - 1 York City

Attendance: 5923

How we didn't win this, I don't know. How we lost it, I know. It was just one of them days when you seem to have so much possession, the better chances and it all goes wrong in the final third. We also had a goal disallowed for offside. Then they managed to score with 6 minutes left to play from a set-piece and we couldn't find a way through.

Blue Square Premier

Fleetwood Town 1 - 4 Luton Town

Scorers: Lawless, Blackett, Willmott, Walsh

Finally! Our best away performance by far this season. Great play by Morgan-Smith saw Lawless slot in from 18 yards, his 1st for the club and Blackett scored a header from a corner. In the 2nd half we came out looking for more goals and a good move saw Willmott with a tap-in, his 1st for the club. 16 year old Tom Walsh completed our scoring with a fine header, his 1st goal in professional football and becoming the youngest goalscorer in BSP and Luton Town history. We then conceded which was disappointing as I wanted a clean sheet but a great win.

Overall thoughts

Not so good that we only picked up 2 wins this month but we're still only 3 points off the play-offs. We sit disappointingly in 9th place but a couple of wins and we'll be shooting up the table.

BSP Table: 1st-20th / 5th-24th

Archived