Team Talks For Semi - Finals, Finals and Derbies

Hello,

I just wanted to gain some advice from people on what team talks they apply for cup competitions and big games, in my current journeyman save i've always been successful at progressing up the leagues and winning them, but when it comes to cups they have completely eluded me for over 30 seasons now, i've managed to reach Quarter-Finals and Even Semi- Finals with my usual "Do it for the Fans" teamtalks, but i've only progressed to a final once and that was the FA Trophy (which i lost), i was thinking that "No pressure" could work out better for at the latter stages of Cups Comps, as in Derbies i always tell them no pressure and my record in them kind of games has been very impressive so far, but yeah i would just like to find out what everybody else uses for Semi-Finals, Finals Etc ?

I have a mixed record with cup finals, winning and losing in equal amounts. I'm on FM10 with Oxford.

We've been the beaten finalists: champions league x2, fa cup x2, carling cup x2, charity shield x2 and uefa super cup once.

In one single season we lost in the champions league, fa cup and carling cup finals!

We've won: the champions league x2, carling cup x1, charity sheild x4, uefa super cup x2, and the club world cup x2.

Having been in so many finals i still couldn't tell you what the best formula is for team talks as in a final everything seems to go out of the window for me!

For team talks I do this:

If the squad I'm facing is less quality/lower reputation (being home is a plus) I put expect to win.

If the squad I'm facing is around the same skill as mine I put wish luck. (more for away)

If the squad I'm facing is reasonably/slightly better than mine I put "you can win this."

No pressure if there is a huge gap in skill (i usually still put you can win this)

"For the fans" I don't like because my ass man always suggests it which ticks me off and it doesn't do much good in my experience.

Archived